Almost ready to go........

Eirewolf

87 Starion, rust-free 5 speed. Stock running gear. Running now, not as nice as some engine bays on here but we've got more work to do yet, some clean-up, adding of some more upgraded lines, stuff like that.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/direwolf67/conquest002.jpg

Everything is from *DM Performance, with some stuff from Lower Shores Performance and Mookeeh. All good parts. Still have exhaust, tires, and shocks/struts to mount. I have to buy some ST springs and sway bars yet.

Brakes are Wilwood 4-piston up front, stock in back. Oh, I have to get some camber plates as well, all four corners. Not done, but I wanted it mobile so it's easier to deal with.

Thanks guys. The little vent on the back of the valve cover is just a place-holder for right now, going to run a hose to a canister, might get a mookeeh one off eBay. Just needed something to plug the hole for right now.

the radiator is *DM Performance. Bolted right up. Perfect fit. The silicone hoses to the radiator are actually a type of Hi-Miler hose, they are rubber on the inside, nomex-type stuff on the outside. Should be better than just straight silicone for the purpose of carrying fluid.

the brakes are just Wilwood 4-piston race brakes. I have a full set from my NASA american iron car. Well, obviously the stuff for my old race car (z-28) won't work on a Starion ( by this I mean the brackets ). Well, someone was selling a Wilwood quest set, just the bracketry, on eBay, and I bought it. So, now i'm able to mount my 4-piston road race brakes on the starquest. I am going to use my 12" Baer Eradispeed rotors and a set of Hawk pads, should have some good stopping power. Up front, anyway. Back brakes are just stock, but new. Napa carries brand-new calipers. Have not bought new rotors for the back yet, though.

Suspension

K, suspension is going to be kyb's up front, and mk1 rear struts in back. Getting Suspension Techniques springs, front and rear anti-sway bars, and some mookeeh camber plates. I called ST to see what kind of drop their springs would produce, and what I would end up with if I installed camber plates. Should be close to stock height when all is said and done, that is okay for now. That's the plan right now, anyway. Oh, i'm getting a front strut bar which is pretty neccesary for these cars. Rear one probably not right now, but you never know.

Oh yes, I bought a ton of stuff from Dad, good parts. I have new steering components, all of them he sells, not installed yet though. Bought a pair of new front strut insulators, stuff like that. Forgot to give props to Dad, nice guy and good parts. Will definitely be buying from him again.

I'm going to wait on the suspension, do it all at once over a couple days or so.

Exhaust is the Mk1 exhaust, the shiny one, 2.5" ( this is not a drag car, need to keep revs up more than I need less backpressure ), with that nice carbon fiber muffler. Looks pretty trick. Took the old exhaust off the car, right now it's wearing only a downpipe. Going to put it on after the suspension work.

New turbo, with one of those little boost controllers on it. Nothing special. BOV on the over-valve cover pipe. Pretty standard setup, really. Rebuilt the throttle body....make sure you always get that little-bitty gasket inside the tb, if it has even a split in it, can suck air and make the car run wonky....

That's about all I can remember now.

Big thanks to *DM, Lower Shores, Dad, 101Propose/Mk1, for their support of the community and the nice parts. It's weird, we can get more and better stuff now than 5 years ago! Good times...