Getting Rid of Smoke Smell

Killtodie

My roommate smokes, I dont. I keep my room closed all the time but with central air some smoke gets in. Also I just back from a bar/concert where I left my coat in the green room and now it stanks really really really bad of smoke. so bad I left it in the trunk of my car after spraying it with febreeze.

what is the best way to eliminate smoke from clothing? besides washing it.

Yep, for clothing wash, and for a room/car get some air fresheners, that's about all you can do. The smell will go away with time if you just keep the smoke away, but it will take a while.

When I had my apartment, I would put dryer sheets in the vents so the rest of the house didnt smell when I smoked in the bedroom. The apt smelled fresh and static free :lol: As far as the coat goes, dry cleaner could prolly take of that for ya

A old time remedy to clear the smoke smell from a room is get a small bag of BBQ grill charcoal and set the bag on its side. Then slit the bag open lenght wise and open it up. It takes a day or so for it to do it's magic but it really works. It works faster if you have a ceiling fan in the room set on slow to circulate the air.

When the smell is gone you can either leave it in the room or remove it and use it only as required

I've used this method a couple of times and it works.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

hmmm, air ionizers are nice but they are loud and suck up wattage.

My friend's smoking isnt a problem as much as its when I go out with them and everyone smokes and than I stink of it. I burn a ton of candles in all the rooms already.

I saw little things that are basically charcoal in wax that suck up moisture and bad odors, I think I will pick up one of those and stick it in my closet. Also bounce thing sounds good.

ask if they could keep it to outside, basement or attic or somethin?

This is the best route

A old time remedy to clear the smoke smell from a room is get a small bag of BBQ grill charcoal and set the bag on its side. Then slit the bag open lenght wise and open it up. It takes a day or so for it to do it's magic but it really works. It works faster if you have a ceiling fan in the room set on slow to circulate the air.

When the smell is gone you can either leave it in the room or remove it and use it only as required

I've used this method a couple of times and it works.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

This also works believe it or not.

Also, maybe get a small air de-ionizer.