Anybody planning a west coast meet?

Got my car running pretty well, looking for a place to meet up with any other Starquests in the area. I'm in Southern California, but wouldn't be against traveling to northern California, Oregon, Nevada or Arizona, maybe Washington if it's a big meet. Love to travel, and what better excuse than to hang out with brothers in the struggle. So what do you got?

Louis

Got my car running pretty well, looking for a place to meet up with any other Starquests in the area. I'm in Southern California, but wouldn't be against traveling to northern California, Oregon, Nevada or Arizona, maybe Washington if it's a big meet. Love to travel, and what better excuse than to hang out with brothers in the struggle. So what do you got?

Louis

I'm about 2 hours from you with no traffic. I'm near magic mountain

I'm about 2 hours from you with no traffic. I'm near magic mountain

The way I drive, that's about an hour and fifteen minutes from me. I have a Starion friend out in Sunland who says there is an import meet every Tuesday or Thursday out that way, when my local friend gets his MAF-T adjusted maybe we should meet up there..........show the ricers four lugs and front wheel drive isn't race.

The way I drive, that's about an hour and fifteen minutes from me. I have a Starion friend out in Sunland who says there is an import meet every Tuesday or Thursday out that way, when my local friend gets his MAF-T adjusted maybe we should meet up there..........show the ricers four lugs and front wheel drive isn't race.

Hmmm Starion friend in Sunland, that would be Louiswheel.

I tried to do a So Cal meet awhile back, Yuridrifter was the only one who showed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Me ears be ringing!! lol!! We should do a StarQuest meet in SoCal and invite all owners, no nonsense open invitation. I have a few customers/ owners that come from all over the place, Oxnard, Ventura and some local dudes in the "Valley", got most of their #'s. Maybe we should organize a little something.

But one thing I know about SQ owners, it's like pulling teeth to get them to a meet...mainly cuz alot of them are afraid to break down on the way to or from the meet!! lol!!

Maybe a weekend meet at my shop. Heck I have Honda meets all the time, mostly my customers w/ our engine builds, so why not SQ's?

Me ears be ringing!! lol!! We should do a StarQuest meet in SoCal and invite all owners, no nonsense open invitation. I have a few customers/ owners that come from all over the place, Oxnard, Ventura and some local dudes in the "Valley", got most of their #'s. Maybe we should organize a little something.

But one thing I know about SQ owners, it's like pulling teeth to get them to a meet...mainly cuz alot of them are afraid to break down on the way to or from the meet!! lol!!

Maybe a weekend meet at my shop. Heck I have Honda meets all the time, mostly my customers w/ our engine builds, so why not SQ's?

Lets do it Lou, you know I am down.

were plaanning on having a meet here in monterey some time next month.. i think around july 18 or 19th.. some guys from norcal are planning on making a trip down here.. maybe with enough people and planned right we could get something pretty big.. if enough interest that is.. my car will be running pretty soon so im just stoked about that.. but it would be good to meet others

Lets do it Lou, you know I am down.

I'll talk to a few customers, see how many we can gather. I've got customers that don't belong to any SQ forums but are hardcore SQ fanatics. Let's see what we come up with.

like thagremlin said, us(norcal) guys are planing on having a drive down highway 1. we will be starting at 80 in sacramento and hit 1 eventully ending up in montery, we will stop at verious places and pick up members to join the caravan. thats if theres enough interest. in thinking saturday july 18th.

-joe

All the norcal guys coming down the 5 will have to drive right past my house. we could meet up at the lake and go swimming, or go to a go kart track I know of here locally. There is a place near me with indoor go cart track with fast carts I belive 75mph capable. Since the norcal guys have to pass my house we could have a BBQ here. There is plenty of parking here and I have a pool table, dart board, trampoline, compys, surround sound throughout the downstairs and backyard. Not to mention an air conditioned repair facility in my garage.

And if you guys want to go for a drive there are plenty of mountain twisties to drive on up here.

And my house is definatly a nuetral place.

magic mountain is 5 minutes from here too. We could do a weekend meet and have a magic mountain day. I have room for quite a few people at my house. and there are a few inexpensive hotels here too.

A "WestCoast Starquest Meet" would be nice, specially one that is "Napololean Bonapart" free...

^ LOL I agree. He's not invited.

If thats who i think it is, I agree, not welcome in my neck of the woods either!

Dad

^ LOL I agree. He's not invited.

The entire SoCal guys get the short end of the stick and are judged by the actions of one sour apple in the community, he don't represent us, we don't represent "him". Let him have his "special invite only" meets where it's him and his only 2 or 3 "friends"....

All the norcal guys coming down the 5 will have to drive right past my house. we could meet up at the lake and go swimming, or go to a go kart track I know of here locally. There is a place near me with indoor go cart track with fast carts I belive 75mph capable. Since the norcal guys have to pass my house we could have a BBQ here. There is plenty of parking here and I have a pool table, dart board, trampoline, compys, surround sound throughout the downstairs and backyard. Not to mention an air conditioned repair facility in my garage.

And if you guys want to go for a drive there are plenty of mountain twisties to drive on up here.

And my house is definatly a nuetral place.

i like this idea.. either magic mountain weekend or lake weekend sound great.. now i just got even more motivated to finish my ride.. lets do this

Ok, so it's a north meets south thing, so can we agree on Castaic? and make a solid date?

Sounds good to me. I would set it at least a month away to let people get their cars fixed. And to put some time between our meet and the nats/PF meets. So people going to those can come here too if they want. I can start looking into some fun stuff for us. Magic mountain, a lake run, a beach run, go karts, etc. We could all chip in and either BBQ here or cater. There's a local BBQ place here that has great food and they do catering. They are reasonably priced too.

If someone wanted a hotel room I belive they are around $50-60 per nite here but I cna double check. I have a spare bedroom and some nice comfy couches so I could probably host at least 5 people comfortably. I have a descent sized backyard if you want to do tents and save hotel $. If you guys want to use my house as a staging area for the weekend I'm down. Lets set a date.

BTW if we are all meeting here at my house in Castaic it's IMPOSSIBLE to get lost here. Castaic is a small suburb that's close to alot of places

+1 count me in on this one, I'm forsure going to go, I'll probably be staying at a hotel, since it will be me and my fiancée. Any good hotels near your pad so I can check the rates out

There are 3 hotels withing 1 minute of my house.

Castaic Inn

(ok)

Rodeway Inn

(better)

Days Inn

(nicest place)

Here are the websites for each hotel. (castaic Inn looks much nicer on the website than in person)

Castaic Inn

http://www.castaicinn.com/

Rodeway Inn

http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel/CA480

Days Inn

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...mp;brandInfo=DI

I talked to each hotel and got daily group rate info.

Castaic Inn

1 bed $50

2 bed $54

Continental breakfast

Rodeway Inn

If we reserve 7+ rooms they will be $64

Continental breakfast

Days Inn

1 bed $64 (one person)

2 bed $69 (2 people)

Real breakfast

The Days Inn is the nicest place near me. There are nicer hotels but they are a little farther south and cost more. If I were you I would choose Days Inn but it's your choice. I will set up whatever hotel you guys choose.