Weighed my car...

Komeuppance

Took a trip to Seattle with my car homies, weighed the cars on the way back. That's why I have a bunch of extra stuff in my car... it was HAILING really bad, so no way was I going to take the stuff out.

• FULL tank of gas - 100 miles = 15 gallons of premium. (I got 21 mpg on the 450 mile round trip, and that's with bursts of 120mph+)
  • Tool boxes, impact wrench, angle grinder LOL... probably 30-40lbs.
  • Power inverter, walkie talkies, chargers, lots of gatorade, misc stuff, 20-30 lbs.
  • Duffle bag of clothes, 10lbs.
  • Stock exhaust, cats punched out, farter muffler from ebay.
  • Spare tire, with heavier trolley jack.
  • Duct tape on the airdam.
  • MK1 coilovers, Steel OVCP, TurboXS RFL.
  • 88 rear end.
  • But the biggest diff is NO AC compressor/condeser/lines/fan... crap under the dash is still there. (Car came this way, I'm planning to put the AC back in... sukkas... AC FTW)
3150lbs, without me in it. 86 widebody, nearly all stock... low on power steering fluid.

-Robert

Edited by Komeuppance

Took a trip to Seattle with my car homies, weighed the cars on the way back. That's why I have a bunch of extra stuff in my car... it was HAILING really bad, so no way was I going to take the stuff out.

• FULL tank of gas - 100 miles = 15 gallons of premium. (I got 21 mpg on the 450 mile round trip, and that's with bursts of 120mph+)
  • Tool boxes, impact wrench, angle grinder LOL... probably 30-40lbs.
  • Power inverter, walkie talkies, chargers, lots of gatorade, misc stuff, 20-30 lbs.
  • Duffle bag of clothes, 10lbs.
  • Stock exhaust, cats punched out, farter muffler from ebay.
  • Spare tire, with heavier trolley jack.
  • Duct tape on the airdam.
  • MK1 coilovers, *DM OVCP, TurboXS RFL.
  • 88 rear end.
  • But the biggest diff is NO AC compressor/condeser/lines/fan... crap under the dash is still there. (Car came this way, I'm planning to put the AC back in... sukkas... AC FTW)
3150lbs, without me in it. 86 widebody, nearly all stock... low on power steering fluid.

-Robert

sweet!

Stealing some pics...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/naughty_auty/Spring%2008%20Meet/DSC_0192.jpg

Zoom's S15, 83Stariontravis' 83 messing with switch to do the sleepy eyes to show up the 240's, my car... slammed, with power steering leak you can see on the ground.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/naughty_auty/Spring%2008%20Meet/DSC_0206.jpg

Chris_K (used to own purple starion) in RB25 240, Malice Silver 86, Zoom s15, me, Naughty_auty's Silver 88, Travis with stuck sleepy eyes since he lost the fuse.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/naughty_auty/Spring%2008%20Meet/DSC_0210.jpg

Everyone getting gas except for me (I'm getting ATF for the power steering)

-Robert

Edited by Komeuppance

Your car is SICK. Love the wheels. what part of the PS is leaking?

my car with half a tank, no extra baggage and still had A/C I think ('88 car) was 3080 lbs.

So, with all that stuff out and less gas you are right in the ballpark. with a couple gallons, these are light cars. Maybe with a couple things taken out and little gas it's below 3k.

Thanks!! The high pressure fitting out of the pump is leaking, I noobed it up and put in PS fluid instead of ATF, so I'm "flushing" it out.

Haha... I'll have to waste all that gas I have and reweigh it. Shouldn't be a prob.

-Robert

I believe it. When I went to E-town (a drag strip in NJ) a few years ago, my car was 3100# on the nose with me in it (I weigh about 150#). This was after I did my engine rebuild, but prior to doing the MPI swap. I eliminated the A/C and lots of unnecessary bolts, brackets, etc., had about 4 gal. of gas, and I pulled my spare, jack, floormats, and anything else I could find that wasn't bolted down.

My '88 SHP weighed exactly 3000lbs at the track last year at Jimmy's meet w/ a half tank. I have every accessory hooked up and working minus the cruise acuator under the hood. The weight savings has come from the removal of the usual parts (tow hooks, shields, rear seats) but we have taken some more extreme measures on the CINquest that I have done on mine as well.