17" replica starquest wheels?

ultraflexxj

17" replica starquest wheels  

109 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

here is what im looking for and if anyone else is willing to help? im trying to find a wheel manufacture that will make a 17" inch starquest wheel if soo id probably have to get a group buy to get it pulled off if anyone is willing to help me find a wheel manufacture that will do this pm me?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of doing this about a year ago, and contacted Boyd Cuddington Customs in Cali. they said they would do them, and the most efective way would to be to make a mold, and cast them and finish on a CNC machine then polish. For around I think $250 to $300 a piece. Hope this Helps you in your Journey!!! Kevin

I thought of doing this about a year ago, and contacted Boyd Cuddington Customs in Cali. they said they would do them, and the most efective way would to be to make a mold, and cast them and finish on a CNC machine then polish. For around I think $250 to $300 a piece. Hope this Helps you in your Journey!!! Kevin

Tell him Foose will do it for 150 a rim.

Then call Foose and tell him Boyd said he would do it for 150.

See what happens. :twisted:

Tell him Foose will do it for 150 a rim.

Then call Foose and tell him Boyd said he would do it for 150.

See what happens. :twisted:

I think they'll both tell you to go pound sand and that they don't deal with cheap a$$es, but that's just me. $250 per would be fantastic

why would you go through all that trouble for one inch diff??? I would go no less than 18in...my 2 cent...A starquest on 18's looks, and performs great!!!

I kindof agree with this and have been considering suggesting it. 18x10 inch rears and 17x9 inch fronts would be sweet too. If someone wants to photoshop some examples it would help decide.

once they had a model made i doubt scaling it up or down in size would be a big problem.

it would be if they're going to make a mold as was discussed earlier. the whole thing won't be cnc'd. it's going to be cast the way I understand. Or did I misunderstand?

Nod , I would agree with the bigger rim size.

18x10 and 18x9 in the front.

i wouldnt want a smaller diameter rim from the front to the back. as far as the width i think that would be a great setup

http://www.moto-on.com/

click on the picture of the rim to see the other bbs style ones

gives a nice picture of what some 17x9 front and rear would look like

however they are simmons. and just for the rims will cost ya about 2300.

i have wanted to purchase the bbs graphite rims for my car. but i'm not to that point yet. Those would look awesome on our car

once they had a model made i doubt scaling it up or down in size would be a big problem.

it would be if they're going to make a mold as was discussed earlier. the whole thing won't be cnc'd. it's going to be cast the way I understand. Or did I misunderstand?

no, i probably did.

I'm in for a size 18" replica rim. Same widths that we have now.

my vote is "no way" to the same widths we have now. gotta go at least 10 rear 9 front with a wheel that tall or it'll look like a camaro with tall skinny tires and spacers making the wheel stick 5 inches out from the fender. ok maybe it won't look that bad but it would keep the proportion closer if we went up in width and diameter.

If someone wants to photoshop some examples it would help decide.

http://www.donkmag.com/01-premier/infinity.jpg

Sorry to be a smart-a** but I think the big rims look foolish. ALSO...if you go with 2 different sizes, youve doubled the manufacturing cost as they will need to make 2 molds. I can speculate each mold would run 50-75K on a good day(maybe less if that have a base to just put new inserts in. It would only be cost effective if you could get everyone who owns a quest to be in on the GP.

someone please photo shop this

all it'll take is a little quick math to get a percentage increase in size from 16 to 17 and then from 16 to 18 inch and a little cut and paste work so we can see it.

huge wheels look stupid, big wheels look good

and good point on the two size thing but we're going to do two widths either way so I'm not sure what we're talking about.

Would there be any realistic performance gain or is it more for just the look?

depends on the overall size of the new tire/wheel combo. if it's bigger, more top end, if it's smaller better low end, can't imagine it would be much lighter but that would obviously help a bit too. it's mostly asthetic