1986 Conquest TSI For Sale

stonetree

For sale 1986 Conquest TSI Widebody. Copper in color with black leather and 5spd. I have replaced: fuel pump,fuel filters, exhaust manifold gaskets, cv boots(repacked joints), front wheel seals(packed the bearings), plug wires, plugs, belts, and a new Greddy bov all in the last 3 months. I have also installed fuel filter, tie rod end, ball joint, half the fusible links(just looked old), hard pipes, oil sending unit and I forget what else. Looks like the balance shafts have been eliminated along with egr stuff and whatever else that dead weight. A/C and heater works. Has newer style MAF and autometer boost gauge. Comes with the following spare parts: intercooler, rebuildable turbo and misc parts which I have bought on this sight that will not fit an 86. I am selling it because some of the parts that were bought on this sight will not fit this car. I don't mind buying parts if they will work, but no more buying anymore parts from here and hoping I will get the right part and waiting weeks to get the wrong part. The car ran great until the 1st of the year when all of a sudden it started to run for 10 second intervals and die. I think its either the knock box or the MAF. I have a supposedly 86 MAF sensor and an supposedly 86 MAF pigtail to convert it back to original, but of course they do not match so I can't try that out. I paid for a knock box, that I have never received and am still waiting for a refund. So if a person could find the RIGHT parts they would have a great running car. It was my daily driver until this happened and now I have given up on finding the correct parts. It's yours for $1,250. I had some pics and will post as soon as I can find them.

Where are you? Also who hosed you on parts, let the rest of us know so we can be aware of the scammers...An 86 should run without any MAF plugged in at all, unless you have the wrong injectors..86 injectors fire simultaneously and 87-89 injectors fire sequentially...

NOT CURRENT PICS, THIS IS WHEN I OWNED IT! I AM NOT THE SELLER

1250 is a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my old car

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/newpics023.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/newpics028.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/newpics078.jpg

Paint was done by earl scheib in STL and has a 4 year warranty. Receipt was given with the car when I sold it last year.

When I sold it, this is what I can tell you about it. It looks like some things have changed.

Engine was completely rebuilt to factory specs, JV's eliminated, balance shafts eliminated

New clutch, low mileage trans

kyb's all around and drilled slotted rotorsd with green pads

New steering box

maf is an 88, Car ran and drove like a dream.

In order to get an 88 maf to work on the 86 I had to partially block off the bottom air sampler to get it to run right. I would definately check the maf to see if those are still partially blocked off

injectors are new and the tb was completely rebuilt with new tps

So much new on the car it's a steal. I sold it last year for 5500.

Looks like the rims are gone but There is alot of blood and sweat in that car, I also believe it has an aluminum radiator and aftermarket fans. Hard to remember from a year or so ago, may have been 2 years, can't quite remember. Sad to see the car not running.

Engine was rebuilt when the cluster said 48,000 miles so however many are on there now is how many miles are on the engine

Edited by garychoffmann

• 2 months later...

For sale 1986 Conquest TSI Widebody. Copper in color with black leather and 5spd. I have replaced: fuel pump,fuel filters, exhaust manifold gaskets, cv boots(repacked joints), front wheel seals(packed the bearings), plug wires, plugs, belts, and a new Greddy bov all in the last 3 months. I have also installed fuel filter, tie rod end, ball joint, half the fusible links(just looked old), hard pipes, oil sending unit and I forget what else. Looks like the balance shafts have been eliminated along with egr stuff and whatever else that dead weight. A/C and heater works. Has newer style MAF and autometer boost gauge. Comes with the following spare parts: intercooler, rebuildable turbo and misc parts which I have bought on this sight that will not fit an 86. I am selling it because some of the parts that were bought on this sight will not fit this car. I don't mind buying parts if they will work, but no more buying anymore parts from here and hoping I will get the right part and waiting weeks to get the wrong part. The car ran great until the 1st of the year when all of a sudden it started to run for 10 second intervals and die. I think its either the knock box or the MAF. I have a supposedly 86 MAF sensor and an supposedly 86 MAF pigtail to convert it back to original, but of course they do not match so I can't try that out. I paid for a knock box, that I have never received and am still waiting for a refund. So if a person could find the RIGHT parts they would have a great running car. It was my daily driver until this happened and now I have given up on finding the correct parts. It's yours for $1,250. I had some pics and will post as soon as I can find them.

hi, im interested in this car. please call me at 770-771-3928 eric thank you.

• 1 month later...

hi ,im interested in this car please call me at 770-771-3928 eric thank you.