fuel pressure regulator.

19cturbo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll be damned if this didn't get posted today!

Today, at the Star-Orion Garage of Doom, we were fiddling around, and feeling like giving Ace Hardware a little stimulus, so we conjured up this here:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8711/picture004dz3.jpg

I'm still playing with the setting on it, but I think it works pretty nice myself.

Tim

Well, I'll be damned if this didn't get posted today!

Today, at the Star-Orion Garage of Doom, we were fiddling around, and feeling like giving Ace Hardware a little stimulus, so we conjured up this here:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8711/picture004dz3.jpg

I'm still playing with the setting on it, but I think it works pretty nice myself.

Tim

Hey Wolf, Now thats innovation!!!!!!!! Let us know how it works out.

CALIBER 308

i need a fpr, but dont know which to get, would this be worth my money, has anyone used it does it work well, thanks for your input,

fuel press. regulator.

thanks mike..

Personally, If you have the money: Aeromotive AEI-13105. $163.95 from Summitracing. If not, I like Wolfs set up with the MSD-2222.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

i asked the same question a few months back, my answer was "trash" . i have one from 101

well if this one is trash, then so is 101's... they're both chinese made universal's ;)

I have 101's on my car... it works OK...

i mean an FPR is an FPR, not too much really involved in its workings. I had to take mines apart when one of the screws it came with was broken (by fanta)

and I replaced the screws, it works fine now.

Yeah...God forbid someone use their brain instead of their wallet.

Tim

Weird you say that, because it don't look like anyone is using a brain anywhere.

Unless the guys at Ace Hardware come up with the restrictive tiny elbow without any sealant, and the ricer vacuum line that will collapse under vacuum. ;)

Is that a boost referenced unit as well?

Edited by emagdnim

So much for the instructions from Bosch that says to only mount that regulator vertical.

that's what it said on the paper that came with the one I have, maybe MSD thinks its no big deal

It can be installed in any position. I checked. Matter of fact, a little nugget from Jeg's Hi Performance...

Maintaining accurate fuel system pressure on any multiport EFI system is crucial to performance. MSD's Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators allow you to fine tune the fuel pressure to meet the demands of your engine and injection system. Both Regulators are adjustable from 36-45 psi with a flow rate of 9.2-10.5 gal/hr. The inlet and outlets are 5/16" and a jam nut is supplied for special threads on the bottom to ease mounting to a bracket. These rugged Regulators are free standing so they don't have to be mounted directly to a fuel rail and can be installed in any position. Fuel pressure is set with an adjusting bolt and is locked in position with a locking nut.

Weird you say that, because it don't look like anyone is using a brain anywhere.

Unless the guys at Ace Hardware come up with the restrictive tiny elbow without any sealant, and the ricer vacuum line that will collapse under vacuum. ;)

Is that a boost referenced unit as well?

Just because we didn't outfit it with AN fittings and shag carpet everywhere, doesn't mean we did it wrong. If you chop a top hat, you will find that the fuel passage just ain't that big. We don't need 3/8 lines feeding each injector.

As far as being boost referenced, come on now. You of all people should know better than to ask a stupid question like that. Especially when you consider why that vacuum line's there. But hey, brilliant response.....I got a good laugh out of that one.

Tim

I figured I had to ask the question. ;)

Who cares about going cheap on the fuel system anyway... right?

[chiggitychekyo-self]You are on SQC right ? this is not supraforumz[/checkkit]

It can be installed in any position. I checked. Matter of fact, a little nugget from Jeg's Hi Performance...

Maintaining accurate fuel system pressure on any multiport EFI system is crucial to performance. MSD's Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators allow you to fine tune the fuel pressure to meet the demands of your engine and injection system. Both Regulators are adjustable from 36-45 psi with a flow rate of 9.2-10.5 gal/hr. The inlet and outlets are 5/16" and a jam nut is supplied for special threads on the bottom to ease mounting to a bracket. These rugged Regulators are free standing so they don't have to be mounted directly to a fuel rail and can be installed in any position. Fuel pressure is set with an adjusting bolt and is locked in position with a locking nut.

Just because we didn't outfit it with AN fittings and shag carpet everywhere, doesn't mean we did it wrong. If you chop a top hat, you will find that the fuel passage just ain't that big. We don't need 3/8 lines feeding each injector.

As far as being boost referenced, come on now. You of all people should know better than to ask a stupid question like that. Especially when you consider why that vacuum line's there. But hey, brilliant response.....I got a good laugh out of that one.

Tim

Thanks Tim for giving SOME MEMBERS!!! insight into how things work!!!!

CALIBER 308

Hmmmm.....isn't the point of a fuel pressure regulator to RESTRICT the flow to raise the fuel pressure? And when was the last time you used sealant on a compression fitting?

Next time we will anodize the fittings a pretty blue or red before taking a pic. Or maybe just cover them in suede.

Hmmmm.....isn't the point of a fuel pressure regulator to RESTRICT the flow to raise the fuel pressure? And when was the last time you used sealant on a compression fitting?

Next time we will anodize the fittings a pretty blue or red before taking a pic. Or maybe just cover them in suede.

LOL,LOL. Now, That response I like !!!!!

CALIBER 308

"It's always better to state the important choices that consumers should look at when choosing products, then spoon feed them brain dead recommendations."

Read that a few times, Learn it... because you aren't going to fix this guy's car when it fails.

I'm sure he wants a regulator that he won't overrun when he replaces his fuel pump with a 255, not everyone wants inadequate parts on there car.

Or, I say we just go your childish route and call names/make fun of cars to make our selfs feel better about bolt on parts... either way, I don't care.

ok i know everyone is trying to help, but there is no need to call names and aruge with each other, we are like a big family on the forum and there is no need for all the hatred and arguing, just because one person says to do it one way and another says to do it another way doesnt mean either is wrong, that is what i asked for was everyones opinion.. i appreciate everyones reply.. thanks mike.

"It's always better to state the important choices that consumers should look at when choosing products, then spoon feed them brain dead recommendations."

Read that a few times, Learn it... because you aren't going to fix this guy's car when it fails.

I'm sure he wants a regulator that he won't overrun when he replaces his fuel pump with a 255, not everyone wants inadequate parts on there car.

Or, I say we just go your childish route and call names/make fun of cars to make our selfs feel better about bolt on parts... either way, I don't care.

Once again, you have missed the point.

In your haste to slam anything not backed by a 6 figure pocketbook, you fail to do any kind of research of the products or ideas, or even proofread the slam. All that seems to be important to you lately (at least in the "air" of your posts) is to build yourself up while stepping on others. Then get hurt when your criticisms are proven to be mute.

The point of the last post is this.

Fancy names, colors, coatings, and coverings do nothing to add or detract from the ability of a specific part to perform it's designed function. Street fittings are more than capible of handling the pressures exerted from the fuel pump...even the 255L one. The modified "top hat" is far more capible of handling the excess fuel than the stock due to the elimination of the OEM regulator (which is far more restrictive than the 1/8" fitting as anyone that has had one off can attest). If you look at the OEM...the fitting to attach the return hose is the exact same dimentions ID and OD. By using the liquid approved compression fitting, we did nothing but eliminate the need to run a hose to a regulator to the fenderwell and then find a mount for the regulator.

To use your thought process...learn this:

Think before you speak (or type). Research and understand the method and the means before stating in a condecending manner that it is trash. Know the source and realize that goals can be attained by multiple means.

I have not and will not offer parts, advise, or ideas without knowledge and experience that can back it up. You know this about me. If you feel the need to continue any discussion, you know my PM.

[/ rant]