fuel pressure regulator.

19cturbo

Here's a different method I tried to mounting the Bosch/MSD unit. So far it's working great. :)

http://maxzillian.com/starion/fpr.jpg

well where yours is mounted, im hooking in my fuel pressure gauge, so i will be putting the regulator on the other side..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well where yours is mounted, im hooking in my fuel pressure gauge, so i will be putting the regulator on the other side..

Completely understandable. I located mine in that spot because there is more material to tap for a 1/4 pipe fitting. Eventually the end with the brass plug will get a pressure gauge.

Here's a different method I tried to mounting the Bosch/MSD unit. So far it's working great. :)

http://maxzillian.com/starion/fpr.jpg

This looks far better than any previous versions. The clunky, looks-out-of-place, regulator is behind the fuel rail and the hoses look alot more "natural". I would tuck the vac line under the air inlet for just a little smoother look. Also, the gauge in the front will look great, far better than the other way around. I hope you update us when you get it done. :thumbsup:

This looks far better than any previous versions. The clunky, looks-out-of-place, regulator is behind the fuel rail and the hoses look alot more "natural". I would tuck the vac line under the air inlet for just a little smoother look. Also, the gauge in the front will look great, far better than the other way around. I hope you update us when you get it done. :thumbsup:

i agree, i may try it that way, the port on the front side is a 1/8 hole so if i tap it to 1/8 npt the the gauge sending unit will thread right in, and on the back 1/4 npt the regulator will thread right in, so i believe i will do that, i have found a new regulator bosch 2222 i got it new for 20 bucks, (the guy didnt know what it was) lol.. so im going to use it for now....

Yeah, that was the longest vacuum line I had so I couldn't tuck it under. :lol:

Anyway, I ended up putting a schrader valve on the front and used a diagnostic fuel pressure gauge to dial the pressure to 38 psi. Works like a champ. :)

i agree, i may try it that way, the port on the front side is a 1/8 hole so if i tap it to 1/8 npt the the gauge sending unit will thread right in, and on the back 1/4 npt the regulator will thread right in, so i believe i will do that, i have found a new regulator bosch 2222 i got it new for 20 bucks, (the guy didnt know what it was) lol.. so im going to use it for now....

if i do it that way it will work fine correct...

To use a 1/4 npt port you'll need a straight 1/4 npt to 5/16 compression fitting to install it like I have done. You also have to cut the barb off the FPR inlet for the compression fitting to work.

Secondly, most 2222 FPRs aren't boost referenced. If it's not, you'll need to drill a port down the center of the adjustment screw and solder a fitting on the end for the boost reference line.

yes i know ill have to cut the barb off, i figured that anyway, and mine should have a boost reference, it says so on the box..so all ill have to do is cut the barb and hook it up.. and tap the other side for my fuel pressure gauge.. thanks , and you only used the one fitting.. seems simple enough.. thanks mike.

also, where did you get the fitting.. thanks

Edited by 19cturbo

also, where did you get the fitting.. thanks

I replied to your PM, but just so everyone else knows, this should be a fitting you can find at any well stocked hardware store.

One end is a 1/4 pipe thread, the other is a 5/16 compression fitting.

• 2 years later...

A note on the Bosch FPR. After numerous failures locally with the Wichita area members, we have all agreed that you can not hard mount the fuel pressure regulator by the hose barb. The regulator will crack and it will leak. I had added a bracket to mine to support the FPR by the body, but it eventually cracked as others had before. Fortunately in my case the leak was slow, but another car was not so fortunate ( http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105853 ).

In summation: mount the Bosch FPR by the threaded flange ONLY! I highly recommend that anyone running theirs mounted as has been shown in this post to remove it immediately and replace the FPR.