Just wanted to say thanks!!!

88351wtsi

I have been a member for a while now but spent more time away than actually on the site. Since I started my search for a running widebody with a stock G54B you guys have been there. I finally bought one and you guys have still been there for me. Of course I bought one that had been sitting covered for at least 6 years for more than I should buy I was trully blessed and lucky that it only took dropping the tank and lots of cleaning followed by a new fuel pump and filters, oil and lube changes and system flushed out, and brakes bled out good to get the little white SHP back on the road. Alternator is acting up now but luck has it an automotive electric shop in town rebuilds then for around $55 compared to the auto parts store $122.39. What should I expect it's a 26+ year old car that only has 75000 miles on it so I am sure it has sat most of it's life. Still wanted to take the time to say THANKS to the ones with good sound advice and encouragement.

Plans for 3 inch downpipe and innovate wideband. Upgrade the brand new fuel pump to whatever my Starquest friends recommend as I can afford them.

*** question how much does mandrell bends help over exhaust shop bent 3 inch from downpipe back? Local shop bends and installs 3 inch stainless for $80 a 7 or 8 ft stick so total front them around $125 versus a cat back $300 system I have found online.

Ok back to the thanks. You guys are awesome!!! and I cannot wait to meet as many of my fellow Starquest lovers. BTW Sunday I had both the 88s running in the garage. Huge difference in the 2.6 and the 5.8 but both that is what makes this so much fun.

Standard bends are press bent. They get pinched a little on every bend. Meaning every time there's a bend that 3" pipe necks down to 2.5-2.75" roughly. Mandrel bends are perfect circles throughout the bend. Mandrel bend = more flow. Performance exhaust should be mandrel bent.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/G9z2pAmk3XI/maxresdefault.jpg

For alternator I recommend the 100 amp replacement offered on fleabay. I run one myself since my alternator went out as well not too long ago and have been very satisfied ever since.

I agree with the statements above, mandrel is better, but anything is better than nothing lol

As for fuel pumps you have a few options. Bosch, Walbro, even Aeromotive I believe I have heard before.

and last but not least, you're welcome! :D

Once again great advice. Just didn't know how much better performance I would be getting for the extra $300 on the exhaust. Maybe I will just buy a few bends and use the exhaust shops piping. Still looking. Great community here. Alternator is doing alright now. Brushes were just stuck. The local shop can do up to 110 if I want him to rebuild it but as long as it is doing it's job I am going to try to only replace the parts as I need to so that I can spend more money on making it perform better.

What fuel pumps models numbers are we talking about with the Walbro? or Bosch? What about the 255lph on fleabay?

• 2 weeks later...