#21 JustPaus_88TSi

JustPaus_88TSi

This is my forest, and I am not afraid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

Yeah..  The two guys I know of that are well versed in our auto's, are Haztoys and AGC.. Neither one of them is around much anymore..  I know Shelby knows his way around them, but i'm not sure if he has played with the various clutches that are available.
Posted Image
88TSi-S16G~19x8.5's/19x10.5's~Anti-M-Power~S&M~FIP TBpro2R~E46 projector HID's/Fogs
2001 IS300-GTE swap~T04E 60-1 Garrett hifi~18" Volk CE28N~Tein Comfort Sport coilovers~TurboEast~PFS~Apex-I~Greddy~Blitz
2005 LS430-Staggered 20" Maya/Trafficstar DTS'~14k/12k Extreme Drop BC Coilovers~KYOEI-USA Representin...Bippu Status.

#22 jwbrocloud

jwbrocloud

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Mitsubishis, Chevrolets

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

I definetly sure I'm going to be needing one of these soon. I'm planning on doing a 4g64 swap soon and bolting the stock auto right up to it. When I was still running my throttle body I had the big 16g ported on there boosting about 18psi. I'm planning on keeping the same turbo but I'm obviously going to be making alot more horse power now. Probably in upwards of 350hp or more. So do you think i should go with the number 2 high modification? And Is it just me or am I the only one I've seen doing a swap like that on an auto car???
Seņor Nube:

1988 L83 Starion MPi       (pending sale to me)
1989 Mirage Turbo 4g63     (running track car)          
1986 White Stallion        (daily SOLD)
1989 FIJI SHP 4g63 swapped (running, SOLD)
1988 W18 SHP 5sp           (Parted and Sold)
1989 R04 SHP Auto running, (SOLD)
1988 R04 SHP               (SOLD)
1989 R04 Auto hard top     (parted out)
1988 R04 5sp               (stolen, then totaled, parted out)
1993 Subura Loyale         (Sitting in a Tow lot)

#23 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:23 AM

Just make sure the rest of the tranny is up to it, the VB mod  is only something that will prolong the life of what ever you have in the first place, and give you firmer shifts
Former Conquest owner, 2001 to April 2009

#24 smallblock12

smallblock12

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

my car had the tranny rebuilt about 4k before i got it and it shifts hard but i want it to chirp the gears. i have an all stock setup but plan on getting a fuel pump and a 16g. you think a vb would make the difference
89 Palermo- slammed! (R.I.P.)
95 awd talon
92 mighty max- DD, awaiting slammage....

Posted Image

#25 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

It has been known to make an auto capable of chirping the tires, mine has done it and it's not really all that built up...the engine that is

#26 Zack_Morris

Zack_Morris

I'm just that guy.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts
  • Interests:School....and women. Oh and cars.
  • Model:Other

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

ill be needing one of ur modded VBs before too long Balt
<b>Zack_Morris: the artist formerly known as TWCDrift</b>
You laugh because I drive a Geo Tracker, I laugh because I get 31mpg and fill my tank for $20.
Posted Image

#27 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Just drop me a line here, or if I forget to check up on here once in a while you can e-mail me.....  RL4406@AOL.COM

#28 sonnyn

sonnyn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Boostin like crazy!
  • Model:Other

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (BaltTSI @ Feb 6 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sourcelx says the VB I sent him isn't going to be needed, he has other issues with his engine so it's not worth putting this VB in, so I'm going to give him his money back and he's going to send it back to me.

It's actually been returned to stock, this is how he wanted one, all the hard shifting mods removed, but it's better than a stock one after I go through them, I have sold a few of these to members on here.
So I'm going to offer it as it is, or mod it back to it's u-joint breaking state, or somewhere in the middle, level 1 2 or 3,  whatever anyone wants, I charge $75 plus your old VB returned to me, I have pictures on how to take one out if needed.

I didn't put this in the "for sale" forum because all of us auto guys hang out here anyway.

i need two valve body number  one how much shipped to san diego zip 92154 i have paypal  the blue car you see is 5 speed and have two white starion auto.
Posted Image

#29 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

Nice blue one man!

I charge $75 shipped to build yours, I have one that's just about ready to go if you needed one fast, I can ship that one out as soon as I get one from you in exchange, I like to keep one in the ready in case anyone needs one, but it will take me a few days to do a second one

Edited by BaltTSI, 11 August 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#30 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:helicopters
    harley's
    quest's

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

Just sent you a email, loaded slow so may not make. Rebuilding my 89 auto now. Like to send you mine and get one of yours. Let me know how you want it packed and anything special that needs to been done and where to ship. Thanks, Alan

#31 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

View PostAlan, on 02 February 2010 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hey,
I haven't even been on this site much, are you saying you need a moded VB?

#32 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:helicopters
    harley's
    quest's

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

Yes, in the middle of a rebuild right now. Give me the specific's on cost, shipping, prep for package etc. Thanks, Alan

#33 BaltTSI

BaltTSI

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

View PostAlan, on 03 February 2010 - 03:35 PM, said:

Ok, no problem, do you have your VB out yet? I even have pictures on how to do that if you need them, I was charging
$95 these days with your old VB in exchange, there has only been one guy who has shipped me one that wasn't leaking
out of the box, it's not easy getting these things empty of fluid without completely taking it apart, but you can't
do that! there's lots of small parts in there that you don't want to lose.
So the best you can do is to seal it up in something like one of those freezer bags, and maybe wrap it up in
plastic bags after that.
I can have a built one back to you in about a week, I only build them to one level now, well... besides no one
ever wanting the all out knock your drive shaft out level, and the softest level not being much different than
stock, I have come up with a setup that feels just right, it's very firm shifting but it doesn't feel
like it's going to break something, does this sound like what you had in mind? write me if you want at RL4406@AOL.COM    Rob

Edited by BaltTSI, 03 February 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#34 KrazedZ

KrazedZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Dam, i wish i had an automatic! the 5 speeds suck
'89 Conquest TSI SHP auto (SOLD)
'67 Mustang coupe - caged, tubed and LS turbocharged
'90 ViciousZ

Posted ImagePosted Image
Contact me for any of your cylinder head porting needs
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 AGC

AGC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Yea I know what you mean. I have a leaking 5-speed(input shaft seal housing). I pulled my 5-speed 6 times in 3 weeks and still couldn't stop the leak. I hate Gear Oil :angry:  I have (4) 4-speeds in the garage that I can't use because the 86 tunnel is to narrow to house the 4-speed. :o
It's good to see you guys embracing the 4-speed. I never imagined going back to the 5-speed, but I just couldn't resist owning an 86 with 64k miles(now 93k due to daily driver).

BTW HI GUYS!!!!!
I've been away for awhile doing secret service Quest mods......just kidding :lol:
Actually, I went Hurricane4, EDIS, Megasquirt2 v3, then (2) broken and (1) 2" dia burnt pistons :wacko:

Seems like some of you guys have done the 4-speed mod with good results. Just remember to set your(2)Brake Bands(torque to 132 in/lb Caution!!! NOT FT/LB. after installing a modded C/B.

I know it's been a long time since the mod release, but last week, I noticed an error in one of my diagrams. The placement of the Pressure Modifier Shim needs to be between the Spring and the Valve, not behind the Valve. It won't (if installed incorrect)cause any damage, just decrease shift firmness...regardless of 1,2 or 3 Stages.

Anyway, I'll be around more often now, and be happy to help if I can, with any 4-Speed, MPI, Megasquirt2, or EDIS questions. Keep in mind, I'm not a 4-speed Guru, but I've learned somethings from Shelby and NOTAV6.

KEEP UP THE QUEST!!!

AGC
Tony

#36 89BananaQuest

89BananaQuest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

Are u still doing this?  If so pmme your email so i can contact you

#37 scott87star

scott87star

Technically Challenged, Daily.

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts
  • Interests:Freezing, thawing, thunderstorms and constant wind.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Tony (AGC) is off on an offshore oil rig off South Africa for the next month or so, he isn't on here much anymore.  I know he posted up the mods on Trance's site, starquest.i-x.net, if you're so inclined to do it yourself.  Otherwise you can PM me and I'll let him know someone wants help.

Scott
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!  Absolutely the best value in stand alone ECU's out there.

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

ECU Vendor link:  http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

#38 The Rabbit1

The Rabbit1

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a few posts on the site as far as "lessons learned" from when I built my auto trans. Whoever messed with it before me did a number on mine.
Replaced: vac advance, Delphi injectors, all vac lines, tees and check valves, all brake hoses and pads, Master cylinder, flex plate, torque convertor, T-stat(180), CTS, TPS, both fan switches to primary, rear speakers, door speakers
Overhauled: Distributor, TB, wiper system, electrical ground connections, dash switches, auto seat belt tracks, entire auto trans, entire fuel system, A/C system
Upgraded: 1st gen Mas, HKS bov, Walbro 255lph pump, S16G Turbo and increased boost to 15psi, Aeromotive rrfpr 13105, MSD 8910 Tach adapter, Comp Cams Fireball digital ignition system, 35 watt HID headlights (6000k) 1000w 4ch amp, 100A alternator, engine to chassis to battery ground (4ga), charging wire from Alt to Batt (6ga), 2.5" Catalytic converter, Magnaflow muffler, R134 A/C, Yellow top optima battery
Added: AEM wideband, rail mounted fuel pressure gauge, dual alternator fusible links
Eliminated: Cruise, ABS, Emissions, Vac pump

#39 MotoCam360

MotoCam360

Motocam360

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Interests:SQ, SY/TY, BMW, electronics, motorcycles, snowbikes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

I am interested in this modded VB for both of my autos.... who is currently offering this service?
Tim

My Feedback Link
'87 Red 5spd | '87 Atlantic Blue 5spd | '88 Yellow auto | '88 Fiji Auto | '89 Fiji auto
Posted Image
  New/Used SQ parts can be found on Ebay under "MotoCam360"

#40 natallica

natallica

Resident Graphics Guru

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Guitars, Family, Computers and Starquests!!!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'm with MotoCam. I need this too, just got a rebuild candidate from FijiPhil so I'm going all out on making it nice.

-N8

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users