car bucks and idles bad when started in cold weather

1988tsiturbo1

Ok so I have a bone stock 88 tsi and when I start it in weather below 40 it bucks, idles down and dies but after it gets warmed up its fine. Any ideas??? Replaced the spark plugs plug wires distributor cap and rotor coil

Possible dieing fuel system [injectors,pump,filters], maybe even a bad CTS or TPS......

I do have the same similar problem up in Washington State where it is now getting cold. My 88 had supposedly gotten fixed by rewiring up to the injectors because I was told they were cracked and frayed. It did run great all summer season and just wouldn't start up again today. Have spark and fuel even tried removing the over the head intake to feed it fuel and no go. Other than that I can't tell you what fixes it.

I do have the same similar problem up in Washington State where it is now getting cold. My 88 had supposedly gotten fixed by rewiring up to the injectors because I was told they were cracked and frayed. It did run great all summer season and just wouldn't start up again today. Have spark and fuel even tried removing the over the head intake to feed it fuel and no go. Other than that I can't tell you what fixes it.

I'm pretty sure I figured it out, I pulled the dipstick and it smelled like has which means has is pouring into my cylinders so I'm thinking fuel regulator

it's the servo that is connected to your throttle cable...I'll post some pictures when I get back from work, unless somebody can post them before me...OR you could do a search for it, Shelby has a write up somewhere on here explaining how to clean and reset them.