my mpi dont start

hi guys im in search on serious help on MPI. Ok im going crazy with it ok i have done the mpi and its dropped in the engine bay and everything im using a haltech platinum 2000 ecu, and my stock distributor with vac advance i changed the hydro rockers for mechanical cuz for some odd reason that we cant figure out it kept breaking the lock pin on the cam. but my problem is that we cant get it to start everything was wired up perfect it attempts to start but it shuts off guys i need help does the dist. work with the vac advance or do i have to lock the distributor. what ideas u guys have for this kind of situation. MPI guys i need ur help.

Is the Haltech supposed to be controlling the timing or is the distributor? Are you getting signal from neg side of coil? Are you getting signal at all? It starts but then shuts off? or doesnt start at all.

yes the haltech is controlling the timing and it starts it runs for like 2 seconds and it dies right now we have the ignition locked at the haltech on 0 tdc and we are playing around with the distributor to see if we could get it runing but nothing we disconnected the vac advance line and nothing either i have been trying to get this cars started and running for almost 2 weeks already but since we have never done this mpi swap before the tunner and me dont know what to look for to fix it.

yes the haltech is controlling the timing and it starts it runs for like 2 seconds and it dies right now we have the ignition locked at the haltech on 0 tdc and we are playing around with the distributor to see if we could get it runing but nothing we disconnected the vac advance line and nothing either i have been trying to get this cars started and running for almost 2 weeks already but since we have never done this mpi swap before the tunner and me dont know what to look for to fix it.

ok guys i got the car to start and it was at idle for a good 40sec but now i have a new problem and hopefully u guys can help me with that or some reason the car is snaping the camshaft/cam gear lock pin. have any of u had this problem it has done it 3 times in a row is there a way to fix that problem? is there an upgrade roller lock pin out there that i can buy? i appreciate ur help guys thanks.

well i really dont know what it is the towers were torqued to car specs which is 15lbs everything was put back together to when built to all torque specifications for the car. could the higher compression be the cause for this to happen?

well the compresion from the wiseco are 8.0:1 and yes it is all put back together the right way by the book and it still breaks the pin.

Questian what should i be looking for in the cam bolt cuz what i can say about it which it is weird to me is that the pin breaks off the cam but the gear and the small front gear for the dist. keep spining with the bolt. and i dont see why the bolt dont tighten with the cam it just keep's spining.