SWAP OPTIONS

yokomo

just hit 500 miles on the build today. almost out of gas lol.

everything seems to be tight still, my front tires are shot but they were old and cracked anyway.

so some new cheap Nexxens and just some cleaning and checking things over.

i still don't have a front sway-bar. i think i will have to cut my 25mm and make it actually extend out an inch more, then re-weld and sleeve weld over it.

oh i got some RO4 and painted my wing, its a-lot better looks healthy. Not a show car in now way though.

very detailed UZ swapped AE86 corolla build thread, said the UZ weighed the same as his SR20 he replaced.

Still trying to figure out how toyota managed to build a 4.0L V8, that weighs the same as an aluminium 2.0L 4cyl

The price, smoothness, decent power output, compactness and weight..... all add up to its popularity, no doubt

nobody take this the wrong way but, i think everyone should have at least 1 V8 quest....

im excited to see what other people build too. i still have a soft spot for the G54B too don't get me wrong.

i like everyones car.

i have also had 11 coronas withing the last 2 hours. :blink:

I'd probably swap an xUZ engine if there were commercially available flywheels for the conversion, a true bolt-in affair, same with clutches. It just seems like there's enough custom parts that if a company goes down or an individual decides to stop making stuff, then I'd be SOL.

Seeing that I'd most likely be taking the thing to some extreme revs, clutch-kicking, and generally driving the piss out of whatever it's in, I'd want everything reliably built to handle that kind of abuse.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

single turbo, id like to keep it in the engine bay i do have a lot of room.

Or after the axle could work, not really much for having an electric oil pump though.

i would need to go to a R154 trans too. Tons of room up front for a FMIC...

single turbo, id like to keep it in the engine bay i do have a lot of room.

Or after the axle could work, not really much for having an electric oil pump though.

i would need to go to a R154 trans too. Tons of room up front for a FMIC...

After the axle would be hawtness...Like that 928 I posted..or do like the new kit they have for the vettes, like so...

http://turbochargers.com/store/images/c6-kit.jpg

• 2 months later...

still tunning the 1uz, get this i was like 10:1 AF all through vegas, i never tuned it and it was RICH! But being N/A was no biggie, its a happy 13.7 now

changing the throw out hyd setup to a LS1 style, the Quarter master and Howe have both failed.

Not as happy as i thought i would be, tried the ITB setup, meh over rated imo. If anything power adder it would be a axle back turbo, not going to post a dyno sheet yet since not done playing with fuel. Have not touched the timing yet and were sitting at 250 Hp 315 Tq bone stock. sure you can rev it out to 10k, but it stops making power at 6800 so no point really

it's nice to have access to a dyno whenever you want though.

ah i didnt even think to call, i was with my mom and my brother and we hit up the International auto show. Got tons of pics of the Whips. Dude i was impressed with Hyundai and there line up and pre production cars. pretty sick full size coming out.

Vettes lambo's Lexus LFA and so much to take in. always cool to get behind teh wheel of a 250k + car and mess around in it.

• 1 month later...