bad sputter once i hit 3000rpm or go into boost!!

stevieapollo

so this happened randomly on my way back from dinner, my car just does not want to go once i hit 2500 to 3000 rpm in any gear. It seems like once i go into boost the car just jerks and sputters.....I dont know what to do I changed the plugs and checked all the spark plug wires. everything seems fine. could it be a mass air issue? I did just upgrade to the 1st gen mass but my car was running great for a week after that. this problem seemed to happen out of the blue. any help would be great thanks.

*apollo*

if you need injectors, I have a set of stock 89 injectors that were in my car and ran ok. Im sure they could use a cleaning, but they seemed alright in my car, and will be a darn sight less then $300. unless you just really wanna pay that much for em...;) pm me if you need em.

BC_99

OMG you bought used injectors from kelly for $300 you got ripped SOOOOOOO bad. People like you need to do some research or ask here before you go throwing away your money.

this was before i knew anything about cars or starions. i have learned so much since then. kelly told me they were new, and when i asked why they looked dirty he told me they have been sitting in his garage. i was a dumby for listening to him yes i know. lol but like i said i know now what not to do, and *DM is a huge not to do.

Which injector is the secondary one, looking at them from the front of the engine bay, and how do you actually test the injector? I am having the same issue with mine. Both clips apear to be new, but they are wire nutted together, not soddered. I just bought the car and I was told that they were new, and the injectors had been cleaned.

Which injector is the secondary one, looking at them from the front of the engine bay, and how do you actually test the injector? I am having the same issue with mine. Both clips apear to be new, but they are wire nutted together, not soddered. I just bought the car and I was told that they were new, and the injectors had been cleaned.

Nutted together? LOL! Get new clips, period. Facing the engine the secondary injector is to your left (usually green/blue ring) and the primary is to your right (black ring). The car will start with the primary only plugged in.

Only one of my Quests run with the original type injectors, the other three have trilogy turbo injectors installed. They are resonaldby priced, new, with a good performace track record.

I am looking for those trilogy injectors, and cant find them... That goes the same for a lot of parts sold by *DM...What am I doing wrong?? lol

There are several sources of aftermarket injectors that have been adapted to work on StarQuests. www.trilogyturbos.com is one; that's what most folks think of. A few other places though sell similar setups. *DM is a guy in SoCal that resells stuff too; I'll let you read about him from others and form your own opinions.

mike c.

check the group buy thread!!!! get in on that.! Brian -aka-brianpaul98, is offering up new delphi injectors for a dam good price.,

Daniel

Edited by dstar88