SHP strut rebuild...

emj_304

Hi guys I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I've been looking for some place to rebuild a set of the stock SHP struts I have for my car... does anyone on here know such a place that offers that service or someone who does it? Please let me know because I'd like to keep adjustables on my car without having to hack anything up in order to do it or lay out $1500. Let me know if you can help me out with this please... thanks.

I've researched this for awhile, unfortunately that is an SHP downfall. you will have to hack them. And install kyn agx mr2 struts and inserts. If you want someone to it have them cut ur housings, weld a patch over the factory dial and install inserts. The new ones have dials. But kybs cost a good chunk, like 400+ if I remember right.

I dont believe anyone rebuilds the SHP's to function as they did originally. What ^^ is talking about is re-using the strut housings and modifying them to accept a new cartridge. If you choose that route you will want non-shp front housings and rear shp housings.

Thanks guys but I think you didn't really understand what I said earlier... I am aware of using MR2 AGX cartridges but like I stated before I DON'T want to cut and hack up the SHP housings and I didn't really want to have to purchase a $1500 suspension set up from 101. I know Triology used to rebuild these but doesn't anymore so there has to be some place, somewhere that offers a build service so if anyone has knowledge of such a place PLEASE pass it along to me.

Dang Herron stopped?!?!?! Last time I had talked to Herron at Trilogy he said he could do them no problem as long as you didn't need anything more than oil and seals, as the other parts inside the strut are discontinued for Mitsubishi. At Tristarion there was a detailed right up from a member named Jeff, that said we could do them ourselves with new oil and seals rathere than send them off.........

Dang Herron stopped?!?!?! Last time I had talked to Herron at Trilogy he said he could do them no problem as long as you didn't need anything more than oil and seals, as the other parts inside the strut are discontinued for Mitsubishi. At Tristarion there was a detailed right up from a member named Jeff, that said we could do them ourselves with new oil and seals rathere than send them off.........

Could you post a link to that right up? Please.

Too bad efforts aren't put into saving OEM parts. Even non shp struts were assembled. Think of how easy it would be to replace some orings and save front struts. Back struts can be bad and still drive the car, front struts blown and the car steers where ever it likes.

http://www.lexusaustralia.org/Soarer%20Tech%20Files/uzz32_active_shock_rebuild.htm

Could you post a link to that right up? Please.

Wish I could bro!! See Joel is MIA and let the site just go down after a server went down. I talked to 88bluetsiquest and he said joel has no desire to fix the issue, although he said he was suprised Ulrich didn't want to step into comand. I tried to get ahold of Raytech as well, but couldn't get his E-mail. There where some good right ups that where over there, but now gone forever unless someone can revive the site.......

Well thanks for the tear down link info at least... hopefully nothing needs replaced in mine but normally when you pull things apart they don't always go back together as well. Anyway I guess we can just keep looking and let each other know what we find... thanks guys.