Fuel Injector GP *** POSSIBLE IT WILL REOPEN IF THERE IS INTEREST ***

brianpaul98

I think Im going to want in but now I dont know which ones to get. I wanna lightly mod my engine eventually, at least 12psi on maybe a 14G...

-Chris P

Hey Chris, I'm running a 3" GM MAS, 3" Exhaust and a 20G turbo at about 23 ~ 25 psi boost and I'm using 2 85lb injectors. The MAFT is zeroed out and the Apexi SAFC settings are all about zero and its still running a little rich. I would say if you went with the stock replacement injectors (65lb and 95lb) you would almost be at the same cc's as mine. I just went this route because if I ever want to go MPI I just need to buy 2 more 85lb injectors instead of 4. If your running a 1G MAF and no SAFC to tune with you will probably be a lot rich with the 85lb injectors in there and won't have a way to lean it out. Let me know what you decide and I'll get them for you.

OK I definitely want the 650 primary, secondary either 950 or 1050. Whats the added cost of the 1050? And can you accept a Postal MO as payment?

Thanks

-Chris P

Hello Chris, the 650cc and 950cc are $162.00 shipped and the 650cc and 1050cc are $166.96 so you have about a $5.00 difference. I do accept USPS Postal Money Orders and please send it to this address :

Brian Arnone

17 Bielenda Drive

Castle Hayne, NC. 28429

I put in orders every Monday so let me know what sizes you want and when you will be sending out the money order and I'll get these ordered for you.

Edited by brianpaul98

Hello Brian, I'd like a set of stock replacements ones. Can you put me down for the 650/950 set? Hotpocket

Paypal being sent as soon as I close this post. :D :D

Thanks,Glenn

Hello Glenn, I'll be ordering another batch this afternoon and I'll put you on the list for the stock replacements (650cc - 950cc).

id also like to purchase a set of stock replacements.

I just put in my order today but if I receive your payment by noon tomorrow (11/10/09) I can add it to my order.

Paypal $162.00 for the stock replacement injectors (650cc - 950cc) to :

lower.shores.performance@gmail.com

I'll add you to the list as soon as your payment posts and please be sure you send it as "GOODS". If you have any questions let me know.

i was thinkin bout a 650 or 750 (prim) but i am thinkin big (sec) like the 1600 if i went 750 and 1600 is there anything i would have to change or do to make it run ok

i am on stocks now and 21 lbs of boost is my high setting, i have your rockers and a tep cam w/ a straight through exhaust(no cat or muff) i want more though will i need a maft or safc to run these inj's

i was thinkin bout a 650 or 750 (prim) but i am thinkin big (sec) like the 1600 if i went 750 and 1600 is there anything i would have to change or do to make it run ok

i am on stocks now and 21 lbs of boost is my high setting, i have your rockers and a tep cam w/ a straight through exhaust(no cat or muff) i want more though will i need a maft or safc to run these inj's

I'm running a 3" GM MAF w/ MAFT and APEXi SAFC with two 850cc injectors, a 20G turbo @ 23 psi with stock ported exhaust manifold, 3" exhaust w/ muffler, 1.6 roller rockers, 2 1/4" IC piping, stock TB and I don't need to add any fuel. There is no way you need injectors that big unless you have a BIG turbo running 30+ psi. If you go with any injectors bigger than the factory sizes you will more than likely need some type of AFC and definitely a wide band to tune them in.

If you are using the stock MAF or a 1G MAF you won't need a MAFT. If you don't have an AFC I wouldn't recommend going bigger than the 650cc primary for driveability and a 1050cc secondary if you needed more fuel.

This is the Wideband A/F gauge I recommend right here :

Innovate LC-1

Edited by brianpaul98

but will i be ok on higher boost levels wit the 1050 im at 21 i would like to go a bit higher like 25 -30

The only way to know for sure if you needed bigger injectors is if you had a wide band in the exhaust other wise your just guessing and I can't tell you what you need unless I was there and put a wide band in your exhaust to see what the A/F ratio was at 21 ~ 25 psi. Right now if your injectors are just running off the factory ECU with no AFC you still have plenty of fuel left for the size injectors that you have considering that they are in good working condition. Running bigger injectors isn't necessarily going to fix the problem of leaning out at higher boost levels unless you have a way to increase the fuel with an AFC and knowing where in the rpm range it needs to be increased. Bigger injectors will cause the engine to run rich across the whole RPM range and that will make the engine lose power.

Right now your dipping your feet into the waters of tuning your car for maximum power output and in doing that you can't be guessing and I can't guess for you. Too little fuel and you lean out and melt a piston / head, too much fuel and you can detonate the engine and score the cylinders walls, break rings / ring lands, blow head gaskets, etc....

If your serious about this car and making big power with it and there is big power to be made the first investment you need to make is the wide band. Without it your driving with a blindfold on and your odds of crashing are very good.

The only way to know for sure if you needed bigger injectors is if you had a wide band in the exhaust other wise your just guessing and I can't tell you what you need unless I was there and put a wide band in your exhaust to see what the A/F ratio was at 21 ~ 25 psi. Right now if your injectors are just running off the factory ECU with no AFC you still have plenty of fuel left for the size injectors that you have considering that they are in good working condition. Running bigger injectors isn't necessarily going to fix the problem of leaning out at higher boost levels unless you have a way to increase the fuel with an AFC and knowing where in the rpm range it needs to be increased. Bigger injectors will cause the engine to run rich across the whole RPM range and that will make the engine lose power.

Right now your dipping your feet into the waters of tuning your car for maximum power output and in doing that you can't be guessing and I can't guess for you. Too little fuel and you lean out and melt a piston / head, too much fuel and you can detonate the engine and score the cylinders walls, break rings / ring lands, blow head gaskets, etc....

If your serious about this car and making big power with it and there is big power to be made the first investment you need to make is the wide band. Without it your driving with a blindfold on and your odds of crashing are very good.

Not cutting in on your deal Brian, just wanting to pass on some info to him. I have a 650 pri. and 1150 sec. and my detonation light is indicating at constant 19 - 20 psi with a 14G, so it is possible to get TOO MUCH FUEL. I think this is my problem, but I also have alky injection so this needs looking into also. I know where he's coming from though. Boost is awesome until consistant full load at 19 psi. Stock injectors aren't quite cutting it, so you want new ones, but seriously, a 1050 will probably be the biggest sec. you'll need on a bigger than stock turbo in a TB. I should down size to one as well lol.

\

at 21 w/ the fpr hooked up i am running bout 13.9 to 14.9 afr on an aem eugo

\

at 21 w/ the fpr hooked up i am running bout 13.9 to 14.9 afr on an aem eugo

I hate to say this but anything over 11.9 and your going to have a meltdown. Not knowing what condition the stock injectors are in I would recommend going with the 650cc or 750cc primary and 1050 secondary and you will be fine. If you can get your hands on an AFC like the APEXi 1st or 2nd gen then you can fine tune the injectors from there. Just be careful with what you have now because you are running dangerously lean at that boost level.

yay! :) are you going to email tracking numbers?

Yes, tracking numbers get sent out automatically through USPS when I print the shipping labels. If you didn't get one please let me know and I'll re-send it to you.