85 revived

pc85

• 2 weeks later...

I have a buddy who just started working there, he says he hasn't seen it.

Probably at Paul's house (partner who tried to fix it) or Fred's (owner who messed it up).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe they wanted the car as well and now gonna fix it and put a mechanic lien on it.

He put a mechanic's lien on it. I had a lawyer friend of mine prepare a release, had Fred sign it, then sent him the title. GOOD RIDDENS. Fred also jacked up the bill for repairs from $5,300 (original tune plus all the repairs at no charge) to over $8 K including all the repairs that were supposed to be done at no charge. Total A$% W@$e. That's why he's selling for $8,300. Trying to get his money back on the parts and labor. I hope it rots in his garage.

I have a question for anyone who sees this... what is this car worth reasonably running/driving like it should with all the mods... I might pay Fred a visit.

PM me if you really want to know what's been done to it.

Problem is Mt. Fairy motors totaled the engine so nobody really knows what condition its in and I wouldn't believe anything the moron, Fred nor his side kick, Paul have to say. I can tell you it ran better before I took it down there and it wouldn't even start last May. Realistically, I doubt anyone would pay $3,000 for it. Just check the "For Sale" thread and compare what cars are really SELLING for; not asking for.

PM me if you really want to know what's been done to it.

Problem is Mt. Fairy motors totaled the engine so nobody really knows what condition its in and I wouldn't believe anything the moron, Fred nor his side kick, Paul have to say. I can tell you it ran better before I took it down there and it wouldn't even start last May. Realistically, I doubt anyone would pay $3,000 for it. Just check the "For Sale" thread and compare what cars are really SELLING for; not asking for.

I wish there was a way to keep the locals who don't know better from getting ripped off

I wish there was a way to keep the locals who don't know better from getting ripped off

I just posted a review on Google. You and your buddy should do the same. You could comment on what you have heard about his questionable reputation and your buddy could comment on his experience working there. The more people know the better.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bump.. hello everyone. I have read this thread over and over... I got the car off of eBay a few days ago..

and had no idea about this thread.. I have had four conquests but a rocky marriage made me sell off about three years

ago. So I've since gotten divorced and have been away from this forum. So its my piece now.. it starts and runs but very

rough especially at medium throttle.. wideband acts like it doesn't even work.. but everything else is as shown above.

the love pc85 put into this car is obvious.. I feel like I have taken someone's kid... but what is done is done. I will do my

best to get it running right.. I absolutely love the car. so here we go again.

Bump.. hello everyone. I have read this thread over and over... I got the car off of eBay a few days ago..

and had no idea about this thread.. I have had four conquests but a rocky marriage made me sell off about three years

ago. So I've since gotten divorced and have been away from this forum. So its my piece now.. it starts and runs but very

rough especially at medium throttle.. wideband acts like it doesn't even work.. but everything else is as shown above.

the love pc85 put into this car is obvious.. I feel like I have taken someone's kid... but what is done is done. I will do my

best to get it running right.. I absolutely love the car. so here we go again.

You have no idea how much passion I had for the car and yes it was like a child. I bought it new in 1985 and have really been mourning the loss. I've been checking the forum regularly hoping to read some news of my lost ride and get some answers as to the actual condition. From what you said about it running rough, that's how it was when I tried to pick it up the first time. So you've answered that question; the engine is still not right and is going to need some work. I look forward to seeing how this gets resolved and hope she landed in good hands.

Take good care of her!

I hope this car sees its true potential. My suspension is sitting under it. It has Tokicos front and rear with a set of Arts coil overs from years back. I miss my suspension, I cant even fathom how you feel about loosing the car.

Good luck bruthu

Got an update.... took it to a shop this week...kid does high end dyno tuning for imports AWD and RWD dynos... he worked on it all day today. wideband wasn't working..

major oil leaks from valve cover.(fixed.) the tune was so lean it was scary. found some intake leaks.. lll get it fix this week. and back on he dyno in a couple of weeks..

he said it is much better but told me not to go WOT under no circumstance..I promise not to neglect this car.. its a wonderful piece.. I love it.

here is a link to the tuner

http://www.av-engineered.com/shop/

Edited by lyons8821

• 2 weeks later...
Lyons8821, how did you pay for the car? You should file a complaint with Ebay and Paypal for the seller misrepresenting the car. They described it as "excellent mechanical condition" when it obviously was not. You might get your money back AND get to keep the car, or at least get a partial refund. I would also file a complaint with the state for them misrepresenting the condition of the car and failing to disclose known issues.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info Tylerquest.... I am fine with what I have.. and the amount I paid. Ill have it ready by spring.. I don't want to

chase that rabbit.. you are right that it wasn't as advertised but I absolutely love the car and will get it right soon..

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Easy fellas.... car is safe.. I will not give up on this car.. not a quitter. so I sold the kidney lol.. jk. had some financial issues and needed some cash...

it was all I had at the time. switching over to coil pack system and fixing some minor issues..

Edited by lyons8821