85 revived

pc85

Good news,the bozo has a new partner that seems to be a stand up guy and sounds like he knows what he's doing. He called me last night with an update. The grinding sound was from the flywheel and some other internal damage probably from pushing the car too hard on the dyno. He may have to pull the engine and replace what ever needs fixing and will go over all the electrical issues (has a degree in electrical engineering) and gaurentees that everything will be 100%. He wants to make good on the work done and will not charge me for any of the aditional work. Fingers crossed, this may be the miracle I needed.

Crazy story. I can't believe you were about to get screwed over like that. It's hard to do your own work, but more often than not, with a rare/unknown car, it's better to handle it yourself. Renting space to store it and work on it was how I did it for years.

Excellent news! Really hope the new guy performs better than the last!

He can't be any worse LOL, but I think he'll get things squared away.

And to all those who have chimed in, thanks for all the positive support and input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a llllllllllllllllot of reflection and soul searching and the @#$hole owner of Mt Airy motors pissing me off one last time, I told them I wasn't going to pick up the car. I decided to save the $5,300 from the original outstanding bill plus the $8-10K I was going to put into her for radio and paint and just move on. Like Clint Eastwood always said "A man has to know his limitations" and I guess I reached mine. This is what my ride looks like now:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab51/pc85dr/IMG_1409_zpscd22cfa4.jpg

Don't know why but I can't downloads pics like before?

Edited by pc85

YES they can they can put a mechanics lien against the car or part that thing out.

How long have ya walked away from it? If it was just the motor u could have shipped

that out to dad and got that corrected or unless it was the management system that

was the main problem.

If you still have any interest, I would recommend taking it to York Automotive in Mt. Airy. I believe they do some performance work and they also have a dyno. I would say we could try and help you but we are just a repair shop with no tuning experience or anything like that. They are located on Main Street.

YES they can they can put a mechanics lien against the car or part that thing out.

How long have ya walked away from it? If it was just the motor u could have shipped

that out to dad and got that corrected or unless it was the management system that

was the main problem.

Picked up the Genesis 9-6-11, so I walked away from it 5 weeks ago. Wasn't the motor, it was the ECU. That's why I took it down in the first place, they were supposed to be Haltech tuners. They lost the guy doing the tune then grandpa Fred (owner) thought he could get it running right by throwing everything possible at it: new MSD ignition, Tach adapter, air control motor, external MAP sensor, new fuel injectors and the biggest wiring mess you can ever imagine. Needless to say after all the s#$t a*^ hole Fred threw at it, all I got was an electrical short, and engine that wouldn't start, a demolished brand new Fidanza and a blown bottom end with bearing damage!!!

If you still have any interest, I would recommend taking it to York Automotive in Mt. Airy. I believe they do some performance work and they also have a dyno. I would say we could try and help you but we are just a repair shop with no tuning experience or anything like that. They are located on Main Street.

Thanks but a little too late to go back now. Just for kicks, swing by the shop and see whats up with the car. You can be my spy, LOL.

Hey PC85 did ya ever get in touch with maxboost to see what he thinks or has to say about the car issues?

Yeah, sent him an email with the status of the tune, said the everything was total B.S.

My long tortures journey to have the dream 'quest has come to an end. I felt like I was chasing the gold pot at the end of the rainbow. Once again, I can't stress this enough these cars are strictly DIY projects. Good luck with all the restos and rebuilds out there, it was fun while it lasted, so long. Edited by pc85