magna m7 head

i have a quick question. does anyone know what the valve seat width and angle is for a magna m7 head. I am having my machine shop guy enlarge the valves to 1mm. Please help.

thanks

howard

enlarge the valves???? how do you do that I think you mean new larger ones. if that's the case you wouldn't you mach the valves to the valve seats.

LOL..........

Yeah I am sure he meant to get new 1mm larger valves....

If the machine shop doesn't know how to cut the seats down to accept the valves then maybe they are not really a machine shop IMO. What you you think?

My macine shop guy just wanted specifics to avoid any unwanted set backs. He is veryjz retentive when it comes to his work. IF you want to know what type of work he has done search for fastest galant VR4, bonneville salt flats. He also has also worked on other vehicle heads that have broken several world records. any help will be appreciated, I just wanted to provide him with the correct information.

thanks

howard

Really to do it the right way, your machinist would take measurements off your new oversize valve to set the proper margin. Seat angles can be what ever you want, they can be changed to cater specific flow characteristics like low and mid lift or for high lift flow and so on, but commonly used are 30 deg and 45 deg seats,,, fully radius seats with just a touch of the seat angle you decide on is the way to go!