check out the front end

LEPORE

looks good. I would really like to see it on the ground. Not sure about the fogs tho- I would have Derek make you a set of blinkers to go in that location. I wish I could get a bumper.

I want to see it on the ground too

as for the blinkers comment from John.....

I'll sell you the one set of these I've made...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/DSCF6058.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/DSCF6060.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/DSCF6064.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/DSCF6066.jpg

These are just the boards as you see them in the first pic, no housing, no lens

I've got $118 into the components... I'll let you have them for $125 shipped

I'm going a different route with mine

Derek

D, are those SCR's on the top board? If so, just an idea.... Not sure of what your design is but couldn't you tap into a 555 IC to do what all those SCR's do? You may have to jump one 555 to a leg on another 555 to get the timing right but it could be done rather easily.

voltage regulators, overkill on the number of them though

I have a schematic for sequential already, and have made a 3rd brake light that pans out. Gonna make another set of tail ights for myself, and they'll be sequential, hehe

photochop of where I hope to end up with mine...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/ProjectorsDriftBumperWithLe.jpg

i'm diggin the head lights :thumbsup:

Rusty is the king of backhanded comments. It looks like an 80's Esprit front cover to me. I'm not against it but I'm not sold either. I'm picky, the only mods I have seen that LOVE and wonder why the factory didn't do them is Burtons mods. Mark has a knack for taking something and making it look like it "should have been".

Oh, come on now...I prefaced it with the fact that it is just my opinion...if he likes it, great. It's obvious he's put some time and quality work into it, I surely respect that!

I missed you Mike!

Turborusty

Oh, I don't disagree. It's just like adding a "but" in a sentence. Anytime there is a "but" means disregard what I said before because I'm going to tell you what I really think now. How does my car look, "It's good but.... How does this dress look, It's good but... (I looked damned good in that dress). I like your unabashed posts. If I ever want an honest opinion I will ask Rusty. As long as my ego can handle it.

Those headlights are so D in 2007.........

except now I've started collecting parts to do it, haha

I helped J-hanson make the final desicion on ditching the stock fogs on this bumper, with all 3 openings being larger (more proportionally matched in size than enlarging the stock center) the stock fogs looked pitched, and the areas around then became cluttered, with many visual pinch points, and it would have made laying the parts up a little harder, do to a more complex shape.

Yeah it would have looked good with the fogs, but it looks cleaner/smother without them

I'm picky, the only mods I have seen that LOVE and wonder why the factory didn't do them is Burtons mods. Mark has a knack for taking something and making it look like it "should have been".

Awww, thank you! That is actually exactly what I go for in my body mods- I like them to either look like it came that way factory, or it's so subtle you'd miss it unless you knew what to look for.

I can totally appreciate the work and effort that went into getting this bumper going, as I've been working on one myself. It takes a ton of money and time to put something like this together and get it right, even without trying to come up with a new design. So kudos for what's been done with theses (even tho I'm hearing they're taking a while to get out?)

Anyway, that being said, I don't like the design. While I've been working on mine, I started out wanting to ditch the stock light setup, but honestly, the stock lights just add something, a shape or an angle, that the car needs to look "right". I disagree with the cleaner/smoother line. IMO there's a difference between clean and plain. I think the no lights make it look too plain. I tried different light setups for replacement too, but as soon as those factory light buckets were covered up or different lights put in, the front lost it's mojo.

If I continue on with my bumper idea, I'll just be going mostly stock look. I might make the airdam part have a bit different lip and bigger side openings as well as bigger IC opening. Now my only problem is coming up with a way to get a new bumper support produced so I can sell an entire bolt on setup (no need to cut factory bumper support), and be able to keep it under $500, and still make a little cash.

I think some people assume making these things happen is quick easy and cheap- it's none of the above.

Awww, thank you! That is actually exactly what I go for in my body mods- I like them to either look like it came that way factory, or it's so subtle you'd miss it unless you knew what to look for.

I can totally appreciate the work and effort that went into getting this bumper going, as I've been working on one myself. It takes a ton of money and time to put something like this together and get it right, even without trying to come up with a new design. So kudos for what's been done with theses (even tho I'm hearing they're taking a while to get out?)

Anyway, that being said, I don't like the design. While I've been working on mine, I started out wanting to ditch the stock light setup, but honestly, the stock lights just add something, a shape or an angle, that the car needs to look "right". I disagree with the cleaner/smoother line. IMO there's a difference between clean and plain. I think the no lights make it look too plain. I tried different light setups for replacement too, but as soon as those factory light buckets were covered up or different lights put in, the front lost it's mojo.

If I continue on with my bumper idea, I'll just be going mostly stock look. I might make the airdam part have a bit different lip and bigger side openings as well as bigger IC opening. Now my only problem is coming up with a way to get a new bumper support produced so I can sell an entire bolt on setup (no need to cut factory bumper support), and be able to keep it under $500, and still make a little cash.

I think some people assume making these things happen is quick easy and cheap- it's none of the above.

Its a lot easier to design something when your the one building it thats for sure. I think J did a decenet job, just wish i coulda been there to see it in person as it progressed. I would love to see a pic of what you got going on. I'm going to go a different route as well, (as if I don't have enough stuff to finish on my car)..lol

I like where your planning on putting the turns Derek, should look real good there. Anyways, here was the origional pic that got the ball rolling.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/Image003.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/bodykitcopycopy.jpg

Got some new ones in the works...

photochop of where I hope to end up with mine...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/ProjectorsDriftBumperWithLe.jpg

I dont care for the way that looks at all. Maybe the real thing would look different...but the photochop...it just looks weird.

And the headlights...dont like either.

I think the original body of the car, airdam,spoiler,flares, lines, shapes etc is perfect the way it is.