Where's the Starquest History Page??

techboy

I'm trying to find the Starquest History page ... I've been using the search it shows up in some threads, but I can't seem to find the actual page. Anyone know where it is??

I'm trying to find out differences (other than the wheels) between the standard Conquest TSi and the SHP. I looked at a car tonight that the guy is telling me is a SHP, I want to make sure he's not giving me a load a crap. Anything in the VIN# that would tell me?

Easiest way to tell is to look in the driver's door jamb. If the tire size is 225 front and 245 rear then it is an SHP car. That however doesn't mean that the SHP components are still on the car. A lot of people sell the larger rims and go back to the standard size or swap out the adjustable suspension.

Cool, thank you very much Goddard.

And now, for my newbie question of the day (since I very much am) ... what is standard wheel size on a non-SHP. In other words, what will door say if it's not?

Easiest way to tell is to look in the driver's door jamb. If the tire size is 225 front and 245 rear then it is an SHP car. That however doesn't mean that the SHP components are still on the car. A lot of people sell the larger rims and go back to the standard size or swap out the adjustable suspension.

Non-SHP: Front: 205/55/16 on 16x7" wheels ~~ Rear: 225/50/16 on 16x8" wheels, non-adjustable suspension

SHP: Front: 225/50/16 on 16x8" wheels ~~~ Rear: 245/50/16 on 16x9" wheels, different springs, adjustable struts

The jamb sticker will read 205 and 225 on a non-SHP starquest which means the car originally came equipped with the 7" wide front wheels and 8" wide rears. The SHP cars came with the 8" wide fronts and 9" wide rears. If you look at the little logo (JIL) on the wheels, the SHP 8's & 9's logo sits down into a recessed square. If it's just a plain small logo and no square box around it, then it is a non-SHP rim. BTW - the 8" SHP fronts and 8" non-SHP rears have different offsets. Glad to be of help and I got this from Mark V years ago.