official columbus meet aug 8th

Tman

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am literally 8 feet away from you. You could have just went "Hey Bill" lol.

Maybe - lemme see how things go.

You guys are hilarious..... lol

autoxing the old muscle cars is quit a site, weve had a built chevelle run with us that was built up the same way. a friebd of mine is doing that same suspension kit on his 68 charger I think, Its a been a year or two since Iv seen it but he was doing 4 wheel disc and upgraded everything.

Iv decided against bringing the green car I think only because of how suseptible it would be to theft, (parts on it mainly, not the whole car). Every year there is talk of stuff coming up missing in the middle of the night along that stretch of Brice and the car is missing a door lock cyl which is in my garge somewhere I'm sure but where... just dont know. Even with it loaded up on the trailer I dont want to wake up to a missing intercooler or something.

I just had 1/2 pint of yellow mixed up yesterday so I'm going to do some touchups to the yellow car on some areas and bring it. I havnt taken this car on any roadtrips yet so I'm a bit excited to do so.

Edited by AndyW

. cyberquest (87 black quest)

2. hschwartz (87 white starion)

3. jenkinsautoglass (87 black quest)

4. kyle (87 atlantic blue)

5. larry (87 silver quest)

6. hammered

7. Tman (Tom ) ( red quest)

8. CJ (88 black quest)

9. AndyW (88 yellow quest)

10. Questo (89 yellow quest)

11. Taz (erin) (Chelsea Grey 86 )

12. smallblock12

13. slowquest (larry) and hes parents

14. QuestQT

15. Coke ( black crown vic, dont hate; its reliable and has working A/C LOL! )

16 half&half (hopfully silver 85 flatty)

17. MiniSRT4(riding shotty in coke's vic unless we can get my bottom end done by then)

18. psu crash (maybe)

19. natedog_37

Add me to the list.

I will be down there Saturday just need a time and Place..

And Randy the AC in my quest works you wife is welcome to use it.

autoxing the old muscle cars is quit a site, weve had a built chevelle run with us that was built up the same way. a friebd of mine is doing that same suspension kit on his 68 charger I think, Its a been a year or two since Iv seen it but he was doing 4 wheel disc and upgraded everything.

Iv decided against bringing the green car I think only because of how suseptible it would be to theft, (parts on it mainly, not the whole car). Every year there is talk of stuff coming up missing in the middle of the night along that stretch of Brice and the car is missing a door lock cyl which is in my garge somewhere I'm sure but where... just dont know. Even with it loaded up on the trailer I dont want to wake up to a missing intercooler or something.

I just had 1/2 pint of yellow mixed up yesterday so I'm going to do some touchups to the yellow car on some areas and bring it. I havnt taken this car on any roadtrips yet so I'm a bit excited to do so.

My mom will be disappointed to hear that you are not bringing the green car. I was on the site at work and she saw the pic in your signature and said that she saw that car at the nats a few years ago. She swears she has pics of it doing a burnout on Brice Rd. But it will be cool to have yellow Quests well represented.

1. cyberquest (87 black quest)

2. hschwartz (87 white starion)

3. jenkinsautoglass (87 black quest)

4. kyle (87 atlantic blue)

5. larry (87 silver quest)

6. hammered

7. Tman (Tom ) ( red quest)

8. CJ (88 black quest)

9. AndyW (88 yellow quest)

10. Questo (89 yellow quest)

11. Taz (erin) (Chelsea Grey 86 )

12. smallblock12

13. slowquest (larry) and hes parents

14. QuestQT

15. Coke ( black crown vic, dont hate; its reliable and has working A/C LOL! )

16 half&half (hopfully silver 85 flatty)

17. MiniSRT4(riding shotty in coke's vic unless we can get my bottom end done by then)

18. psu crash (maybe)

19. natedog_37

20. dad (randy) ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

21. kreal (paul) ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

22. coldscrip (bill) ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My mom will be disappointed to hear that you are not bringing the green car. I was on the site at work and she saw the pic in your signature and said that she saw that car at the nats a few years ago. She swears she has pics of it doing a burnout on Brice Rd. But it will be cool to have yellow Quests well represented.

Yah that was me! lol I had it there I believe 4 years ago. The day before I was at an open track day at Nelson Ledges and split my rear main open so oil was dripping on the clutch so when I did the burnout I think there was just as much smoke coming from under the car as was the rear tires. Not my brightest moment driving the car in traffic that day.

greg has been informed that his car is now a MUST GO since i have spent the last 8 days playing chip foose.

wham. cyberquest pops out another masterpeice....lol. too bad its on a old junker....lmao.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/gregs%20car/greg4063.jpg

here it is yesterday morning, i stayed up till 5am finishing it up.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/gregs%20car/greg4041.jpg

so these two will be there on saturday.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e82/silverquest/gregs%20car/greg4065.jpg

Well now I know where to send mine when it's time to freshen up the paint...

I'll see if I have the funds to make it but I'm not sure depends on my job situation and gas prices.

Well it looks like I will have to sit this one out, probably. Just found out the GF isi jobless at the end of the month and that also means we need a new apt by then so $$ is going to be tight. If anything changes I will be sure to let you all know, but as of now it doesn't look feasible.

I just called the Red roof and they have availabilities but its $125 a night, 3 night min. The $125 I can understand but the 3 night min when I'll barley be there 2 nights irks me so I'm waiting to hear back from coke to see how he makes out. You have to be careful tho, there are some REAL dives along that stretch... ask me how I know (I still have 2 more refills for my prescription from 5 years ago... ewwww)

its probably like that cause of the mopar nationals, supply and demand is a bummer. there are more hotels in the area, and some that would only be a short drive to the meet area. god i wouldnt want to see anyone spend $125 a night unless it has a jacuzzi in your room.

heck you could get a room at a hotel down here in lancaster which is maybe a 15 minute drive to the meeting place.

I have no problem paying the supply and demand for the convieniece of being in walking distance of alot of the fun. That area right around the interstate & Brice is always packed full of stuff going on. Its the paying for something that I'm not using thats the kick in the nutz.

the comfort suite on scarbrough just off of brice is real nice.i have stayed there a couple of times.the econo lodge in front of it looks pretty nasty though,econo lodge is were they start doing the burnouts in the parking lot at night.it gets packed with people too you can barely drive through there.don't think i would stay at the econo lodge though,i bet the beds have fleas or worse(black light and strange fluids).

I'v stayed at the Comfort suiet many times too, couldnt remeber the name thanks. So if youve beent o that burnout spot you probably know of the one legged hillbilly with the coyboy hat and slevless flannel that has the 68 Charger that is always guiding traffic. lol Good times good times. And +1 for the econo lodge... steer clear of there.

Went To Jegs, its nothgin compared to Summit in Tallmadge Oh. Its the size of an AutoZone geez lol And is Rachels the one right in the plaza behind Burger King? If so, never heard of it, never been there ;) lol

found the telephone number for that comfort suite hotel.it's 614-552-2525.if you want the econo lodge number it's 614-864-4670.

lol, I'll pass on the Econo Lodge #. I'm not up to date on my shots so I dont want to take the risk.

Last time I went we stopped at Rachels too that was a good time.

I really hope that the mystery machine comes again this year I would love to get a pic of my Quest with it. Maybe I can find someone down there with an old Mopar copcar and get a pic with that too, that would be sweet. Just having my car at the show will be great too, The starquest needs to be well represented at the MOPAR Nats because some people don't even know that they are Mopars.

People still remeber and always give a warm welcome. the last time I was there was with my 87 Flatty bone stock and people realy liked it. everyone alwyas says the same thing "a buddy of mine had one of those back in the day, man those things would fly!" I'm realy excited to have a whole bunch of these show up, hopfully it all works out and we can get a good showing,.

Hey Guys

I'm watching the thread from a far. Lol Looks like you might get close to the 28 cars we had in Grand Rapids, good luck. I gotta ask about MADATME and MADATU? I haven't seen them post. Hope they're still around, they are a great couple and a lot of fun. Maybe you guys could reach out to them. Wish I could make it but still finishing up a engine swap (4G63), running but not tuned. Have fun guys.

BTW I had a white Conquest with the 18X10's in the rear in MI, not the red one you see here.

Edited by busdriver