What is the rarest Quest package?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excluding one-off's and test-platforms, the '89 ESiR in R48 + tan cloth straight-line interior is the rarest color combo, only 2 were made; one for the US and one for Japan. No package information is given, as Mitsubishi didn't keep such records. I have a picture of the one in Japan, but the US model faded into oblivion.

The rarest production model award would go to the '88 ESi widebody. Yes, it exists, though I don't have production numbers on it, as again, Mitsubishi didn't keep such records.

Excluding one-off's and test-platforms, the '89 ESiR in R48 + tan cloth straight-line interior is the rarest color combo, only 2 were made; one for the US and one for Japan. No package information is given, as Mitsubishi didn't keep such records. I have a picture of the one in Japan, but the US model faded into oblivion.

The rarest production model award would go to the '88 ESi widebody. Yes, it exists, though I don't have production numbers on it, as again, Mitsubishi didn't keep such records.

Pics prease. :)

I challenge anyone now to show me another as I haven't been able to find any

87 Flatty Technica - R07 - Super Lisbon Maroon

Interior's the plain jane maroon leather though...

There was one on craigslist in the northwest about a year ago. It had a damaged header panel and was sitting on a car lot in the pic. Someone tried to sell or part it on here a few months later.

i would say my two tone 83 is a pretty rare car

Everything about your 1983 is rare...

1983 was the only model year with your two-tone paint scheme

1983 was the only model year with your shade of blue

1983 was the only model year with your wheels

(I've been following our cars since the first Mitsubishi dealerships

Hanley Dawson, downtown - Downer's Grove - Patrick, Schaumburg

came to Chicago. I've never seen your wheels in person

with the possible exception of Indiana's two-tone 1983)

1983 was the only model year with your side mirrors

Each model year has it's own unique characteristics. For example...

1985 was the only model year with black metallic clearcoat.

Edited by indy_85stariones

I think my car is? Ive seen fattys with that color but not flattys. Honestly idk what the hell im talking about hahaha

1987 Conquest Flatty

5 speed

atlantic blue B71

Black Valor Interior

here's your cars twin in auto form. KILLED by katrina :angry:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/FlattyESIR/7b74.jpg

Edited by IntercooledFlatty

ESI meaning non intercooled?

The 1987 model year was the last year of the budget-minded (non-intercooled narrowbody) Conquest/Starion.

At the start of the 1988 model year, Mitsubishi decided to introduce a budget-minded widebody Starion -- a Starion without Anti-lock brakes, without LSD, and without other things. I am not sure, but the 1988 Starion ESI may have been without steering wheel radio controls and adjustable seats. It may have been sold without several luxury items, but it did have an intercooler.

The Starion ESI was only sold during 1988 model year -- and from what UL said, it must be pretty rare.