Bought Another One.

Dave-O

Yep. I bought HurleyTSi's '85 Conquest Flatty. Two cylinders have >20psi compression, and the poor thing is in overall paltry shape, but worth the $300 I paid. Might keep it as a parts car, but the A/C blows cold and it drives straight for the most part, and believe it or not, everything [that's still there ... stereo's gone] still functions.

Also, there's this elusive "Starion Guy" in my area [Found out his name is Chad, from a classified ad ... you on here?] who has a Durban Quest with no engine in his driveway, a black auto widebody Starion for sale, and I believe he dailies a red widebody Starion [it's often gone from his house, spotted in other areas]. The Black auto is going for $2500, found the local classified ad:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=443&s...&ad=1361528

Beautiful car in person. I'm really thinking about saving my pennies and picking it up as well, for daily status. Sell the Honda, ditch my Integra, and scrap the potential VW project I had planned.

I've also found TWO Conquests for sale in the state as well:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=443&s...&ad=1352357

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=443&s...&ad=1312953

Damn these things are addictive. So many SQs, so little money [and storage space!].

That's great Dave! Those flattys handle very well with the lighter weight. Fast responding power and decent mileage. You really can't beat'em for a daily driver.

I love my '85 auto. I ran it a little too hard and the fuel system had an issue. It has a low cylinder from ringland damage I'm sure.

All I need to do is put some new pistons in it. :) AC works great in it too.

Agreed Tim! I've had the opportunity to drive [more or less float due to blown struts] this car on more than one occasion, and I'll admit, even in loose shape it was a decent performer.

I do still have a complete bottom-end from my Starion that I could pull parts from, or re-ring and swap in. Right now the priority is getting the car into my storage unit, as it's got my Starion's hatch glass and spoiler on it still [temp fix for a broken hatch glass]. I've got the replacement sitting in the shed.

If I pick up that black auto Starion, I'll probably part the flatty. We'll see how it all works out. I still want to snag the intercooled flatty abandoned nearby me as well.

... The collection grows. :D

I would love to have another as a daily driver. But everything near me is way over my budget and not in that good of shape. All of the ones I find that are within my budget are over 20 hours away. Edited by nathan89quest

Got the Quest to the shop last night. Surprisingly enough, it started on the first crank, idled on 3 [maybe 2-1/2] cylinders, and didn't do half-bad in boost [all 4.5psi of it!]. I drove it 20-something miles to the shop and didn't have a single issue. Hurley almost bet me that she wouldn't start again, so we tried ... right as I twisted the key she fired and idled, again on 3 cylinders.

This is gonna be good. :D

I'll probably end up tossing new rings/bearings into the block, getting Mookeeh's strut replacements, and taking it to some drift events.