MPI information

Is it possible to use the stock computer system and modify the injectors leads for four injectors? If possible has anyone done this and can you provide the how to. Can't afford the aftermarket computer system setup right now. Looking to do this this cheapest way possible.

Thanks in advance.

Wrong forum check the MPI trials and tribulations. This is for posting for Itmes you want to buy.

If you don't have the money for a stand alone (could be done with megasquirt for 99 bucks) you don't have the money for MPI and all the other things your going to need so I wouldn't even try. Let alone when the added HP starts breaking things you won't have the money to fix them.

I donot beleive anyone has ever done this nor would it have the control you would need to tune the setup. So that is basicly a No on the stock ECU. I'm sure with enough time and money it could be done but im sure standalone would be way cheeper more proven and usable.

And so you know if your looking for cheep as possible you might want to pick another car, I have found nothing cheep for this car. The exception being some of the times the comunity has made (camber plates, coilovers, and a few others)

Wrong forum check the MPI trials and tribulations. This is for posting for Itmes you want to buy.

If you don't have the money for a stand alone (could be done with megasquirt for 99 bucks) you don't have the money for MPI and all the other things your going to need so I wouldn't even try. Let alone when the added HP starts breaking things you won't have the money to fix them.

I donot beleive anyone has ever done this nor would it have the control you would need to tune the setup. So that is basicly a No on the stock ECU. I'm sure with enough time and money it could be done but im sure standalone would be way cheeper more proven and usable.

And so you know if your looking for cheep as possible you might want to pick another car, I have found nothing cheep for this car. The exception being some of the times the comunity has made (camber plates, coilovers, and a few others)

Sorry about putting up on the wrong forum. I don't have the money right now but was only looking at other options. That why I am asking if anyone had tried before. Don't have the extra funds right now to do the proper way. However I am not trying to be cheap, just frugal.

Nothing wrong with frugal, but your going to need at bare minimu something to contorl fuel and do basic monitoring. Look into megasquirt. If your not in a hurry you can maybe find one on Ebay or C/L for cheep. Read up on MPI in the trials and tribulation forum and see who people running fuel only are. Then read up on the megasquirts there is megasquirt 1 and 2. 2 has more options but 1 can run fuel for you and will be cheeper. Unless you can make one I think the manifold you will need to go MPI will be your most exspensive item.

even running Megasquirt there is nothing cheap about going MPI. All of the small things add up FAST. Like sensors, TPS, pigtails that are needed too, rerouting intercooler piping, wiring, fuel rail, fuel lines, intake ect ect ect ect. It would take a damn miracle to do it for less than a grand. I'm well over 1000 and I'm doing a budget fuel only setup too. DO yourself a favor and just start gathering parts little by little, I'm been peicing mine together for 2 years and am just now wiring the engine bay.

Is it possible to use the stock computer system and modify the injectors leads for four injectors? If possible has anyone done this and can you provide the how to. Can't afford the aftermarket computer system setup right now. Looking to do this this cheapest way possible.

Thanks in advance.

:searchnewbie:

when you think you know how much your gonna spend, double it

when you think you know ho long it'll take, double it

when you think you know how frustrating it'll be, double it

I think you guys are over exaggerating it a bit, If you have the patients and willingness do do things your self then it can be done on the cheap. Build your own megasuirt, mod the stock intake for 4 injector and adapter plate for a 65mm tb. A few sensor, some 20g wire, a db37 connector, silicone couplers and steel pipe, then some fuel lines and a fuel pressure regulator. Next is a bunch of your time and some ingenuity and it can be done for under $1000.

Ok guys thanks for the input. I have the multi port setup. Had it a while from Chad modded as well. I have the fuel rail. I have to purchase the injectors and will be purchasing the fuel management system from Fuel injector pro either this or next week. I will be picking up the other parts as I need them. Should I use the stock intercooler for now or should I get a larger unit.

Are yuo sure they are no longer in business? when did this happen?

It's been at least 2 years now that they've been outta business. they still work on THEIR car, but they're not making anything for the community anymore