Hey old buddies!

BaltTSI

I still have visiting rights don't I? :rolleyes: I just wanted to get some opinions here, check out the new box...errrr, ride, whatda ya think? yeah, it's not a low sleek Quest, but it's serving me well, lots of room inside, great gas mileage, and no issues to worry about, and it attracts every punk kid in a riced out what ever, they all want to run me, not that anyone knows what it is, but it is fast, torque steer is scary crazy until you get used to it, bout pulled me into the other lane when I finally got on it when some guy in a Mazda 6 wanted to play, and it leans a bit too much in the corners because I'm so used to my old Quest which was very flat, but they sell bigger sway bars for it, it comes with Eagle F1s that stick like glue, a $40 option, but yeah, a lot of people hate the looks, I think it's great looking, in a Darth Vaders helmet kind of way, oh, and the MyGig navigation/hard drive/Satellite system is so fun to mess with, 13 speaker Boston Acoustics sound system, this thing only came to $25500, so I jumped on it.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z115/RL4406/P1000139.jpg

Welcome back mang........ I dig the ride, nice color choice they look evil in black........ you should go to PF with it

EDIT: Is that hood scoop functional and metal?

Edited by BrazilBoy

All there scoops are functional, one intake and the two on the sides for letting heat out, it's an SRT, they don't do anything fake.

I forgot to mention, this cars got a nice shifting 6 speed Getrag, and I tell ya what, I think manuals are way over rated! I think I would still prefer my instant

shifting modded auto that was in my Quest, but maybe I just haven't gotten used to this yet, it just feels like it's a slower process rowing those gears than a modded auto

All there scoops are functional, one intake and the two on the sides for letting heat out, it's an SRT, they don't do anything fake.

I forgot to mention, this cars got a nice shifting 6 speed Getrag, and I tell ya what, I think manuals are way over rated! I think I would still prefer my instant

shifting modded auto that was in my Quest, but maybe I just haven't gotten used to this yet, it just feels like it's a slower process rowing those gears than a modded auto

catch some hills and you will change your mind as you can control the torque steer better..

Nice ride, I like the SRT models but the basic ones BLOW.

Now as far as the SRT doesnt make anything fake comment, I have to disagree..the Challenger SRT-8 has fake carbon fiber on the hood...

Hows that? :huh:

As you go through a corner in a rwd car the slides out for a nice controled on power to push you trough a corner to maintain your line..

With a manual high power fwd you need to gain speed press in the clutch maintain rpm roll through to maintain your line then power on at the end..with an auto it tends to slow you down, you go to neutral then there is a delay at the end when the car is put in gear again..

why would you free wheel the engine , goes agaisnt every thing i learn'd in the round track days runing hobby stock,, the engine is brakeing the rear tires same time you are brakeing and a light petal keep the power up and turbo spool'd , once in namual 1 or 2'd the engine is for all intents and purpouses a standard shift , with an auto all you need is the right gearing to maintain your power band , and in a turn and sprint track puting the tourqe to work is all in the gearing and traction

you guys don't actualy think you place the auto gear shift in D ,surely not ,, thats the last gear you'd ever use :biggrinumbrella1:

why would you free wheel the engine , goes agaisnt every thing i learn'd in the round track days runing hobby stock,, the engine is brakeing the rear tires same time you are brakeing and a light petal keep the power up and turbo spool'd , once in namual 1 or 2'd the engine is for all intents and purpouses a standard shift , with an auto all you need is the right gearing to maintain your power band , and in a turn and sprint track puting the tourqe to work is all in the gearing and traction

you guys don't actualy think you place the auto gear shift in D ,surely not ,, thats the last gear you'd ever use :biggrinumbrella1:

Its an fwd which makes it pull out the nose under boost it will almost take the wheel out of your hands at times..in a rwd I keep my revs up..But fwd will do all sorts of wierd stuff...

Edited by BrazilBoy

Ok, you got me on the carbon fiber hood thing, and uhhh, no, didn't get it strang :confused0024: but I love the look of your car! nothing more evil looking than a black Quest.

But yeah, the front wheel drive setup sure is different with this much power ( guys are dynoing them at around 265HP) a few guys are saying a strut tower brace helps with the torque steer though, and right no LSD on this car, I can only assume it was to keep the cost down, instead it uses the anti lock braking system to control it.

Edited by BaltTSI

Ok, you got me on the carbon fiber hood thing, and uhhh, no, didn't get it strang :confused0024: but I love the look of your car! nothing more evil looking than a black Quest.

But yeah, the front wheel drive setup sure is different with this much power ( guys are dynoing them at around 265HP) a few guys are saying a strut tower brace helps with the torque steer though, and right no LSD on this car, I can only assume it was to keep the cost down, instead it uses the anti lock braking system to control it.

Yes strut bars help I had a 200sx SER that was squirrly as heck till I get some strut bars front and rear..it felt much more planted and feed back at the steering wheel is far better...

Don't let any of these guys get you down you have a righteous car that stock can smoke alot of stock quests already..enjoy it mang.....

Thanks Brazilboy, I don't take any cuts personal, thats why I posted it on here, for some un-biased comments, rants or whatever, if I wanted all roses and compliments I would just stick to the guys on the Caliber site, but yeah, the thing makes some crazy yet reliable HP, I'm lovin it!

I can't believe you don't remember this

EDIT: oh...and thanks for the compliment...I love the black...just not cleaning it...lol

Edited by strang3majik

Nice ride. Terry Sturgill, aka HotrodTSI, on here has one - a black one exactly like yours. He's brought it to 1 or 2 meets. It's a nice ride and you certainly don't see many of the SRTs.

Ken B.