1fz-fe

iamlegend

whats up everybody i am planning on some big horse power numbers i just bought a starion for 500 bucks,

body is mint, but had no motor or tranny in it. i have in my garage a toyota land cruiser motor which is a 4.5 litter straight six dohc along with that motor i have a supra automatic tranny i was planning on turbo charging it with a gt35r ballbearing style turbo can anybody tell me if i need to swap out the drive shaft and rear end for this motor swap and if yes what kind

You will need a custom drive shaft for sure..the rear end should hold up fine as long as you keep wheel hop down..If its an 89 then you should have the 6 bolt axles which are very stout...

they made my driveshaft for my R154 mkIII supra tranny setup. i had the slip yoke already and he charged me $206 total for 2 u joints making the shaft and balancing. the yoke is about 40 bucks he has them in stock.

nassau driveshaft

CONTACT INFO:

Bob Gagliardo

516-867-3680 - office

516-867-3685 - fax

NASSAUDRIVESHAFT@AOL.COM

2279 Babylon Turnpike

Merrick, New York 11566

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump this back up, but it's better than starting a new thread.

I've been considering this engine as of late, especially after a particular thread in the BS forum. Seems these engines are incredibly stout, and have the potential to make killer power without any internal work. My question is what manual transmission will bolt to the engine? They do have a manual box behind them in other countries, but I'm sure it would be a headache to source and ship one ... sounds like a job for Bill!

Also along the same note, I had considered picking up a RWD pre-'90s American coupe/sedan to transplant one of these into, with say, a 700R4 or TH350, and have a little drag fun.