88 Conquest TSI

QuestRider813

Hi, i need some pointers gettin my quest back on the road. it has been sittin for 3 1/2 years it turns over and stays on but only if i pour gas directly into the throttle body. the tank is bad inside and out. I cant find another tank so far, if there is anyone that can help i would greatly appreciate it. this car has much sentimental value and i refuse to sell it only to rebuild it and restore it. thank you . Alex

haul it over the yourlocal truck rad shop and se eif they can clean it out .. stay away from chain stores all they will want to do is tell you i't waste'd and try to sell you a new one

last i heard PQ had a couple tanks for sale

Edited by Shelby

yea i checked the inside its all rusted even the dividers inside. the tank even has a few holes in it.

Did you drop the tank already, do you know for sure that you need one?

i know this sounds stupid but what is PQ? im new here lol

haul it over the yourlocal truck rad shop and se eif they can clean it out .. stay away from chain stores all they will want to do is tell you i't waste'd and try to sell you a new one

last i heard PQ had a couple tanks for sale

Pull the tank and clean it or have it professionally cleaned. Then I'd replace the pump, and all filters, (Blow out the fuel lines while the pump and filters are cleared with 90+ psi) have the injectors cleaned and flowed. Work from the back towards the front. THEN, START IT UP. Good luck.