Vegas Nationals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well me and Dale were thinking, we may as well put it up now, so people looking to join a convoy can plan hooking up with us, since we are coming clear across the country. It's a good thing to have, so others can begin planning accordingly.

1200 miles one way for me from Portland, and I'll likely hit Bakersfield, and then go east to Vegas from there.

-Robert

hey robert not sure which freeway you'll be taking but I would think you guys coming from further up from the northern west should leave a day earlier and either meet up in frisco or somewhere then roll out to meet us in Monterey or somewhere alittle further down the road then well all be connected on a giant pack and ready to roll out to vegAs

hey robert not sure which freeway you'll be taking but I would think you guys coming from further up from the northern west should leave a day earlier and either meet up in frisco or somewhere then roll out to meet us in Monterey or somewhere alittle further down the road then well all be connected on a giant pack and ready to roll out to vegAs

I highly recommend this..Also the bigger the pack the better, bring extra parts also so if we have a break down everyone can jump in and get them back on the road....Plus how cool would it be to look out your side mirror and see a mile of starquests....

Well heck. I guess I better get moving on getting some hotel arrangements set up near Red Rocks for everyone. Im lazy so do we know exactly what night we will be in Denver? I also need this date so I can get the parks dept to schedule us a reservation for a sunrise photo shoot at Red Rocks. Got the okay, just need to get the date.

Shall I say to expect 50 reservations? Think that'll be enough?

I'd also like to add, a road trip of this proportion for some of us, finding ways to spend the least amount of money is a main priority. Lodging in Denver aught be kept on the cheap. Since its only a 1 night-checkpoint sleepover, all I really need is a bed and a shower, just to move out for the next long drive in the AM. In St. Louis, myself and MiniSRT4(Mike) have located a Super 8 Hotel. It would be a non-smoking, 2 Queen Sized bed room, for about $60/night. If we split that amongst myself, Mike, Dale, and Ryan, it would work out to be roughly $15 a person. Something comparable to that, in Denver would be best in my opinion. While economy is still on my mind once we get to Vegas, I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for a nice room to share as a reward to arriving our destination. We'd be staying there a few nights in a row anyhow, may as well make ourselves somewhat comfortable.

Just my thought.

What Daryl is trying to do with RedRocks hotel area is negotiate as cheap as possible...The more who stay the cheaper the price...

I agree we should be in Vegas Thursday so we can all have the whole day Friday...

As time gets closer I will start posting Nats agenda schedule...

Right now everyone needs to do a good ounce over of thier cars..Also new guys if you are unframiliar with your car yet ask for help..We have a good group here and we are happy to help...

How far is Red Rocks from Denver? Cause I was going to ask my aunt if myself and whomever rides shotty with me and possibly 2 or 3 others can crash at my aunts house in Denver to save as much loot as possible. This trip is going to be hard for me to accomplish with happening right around my out of state move and whatnot.

How far is Red Rocks from Denver? Cause I was going to ask my aunt if myself and whomever rides shotty with me and possibly 2 or 3 others can crash at my aunts house in Denver to save as much loot as possible. This trip is going to be hard for me to accomplish with happening right around my out of state move and whatnot.

Depending on traffic about 30-40 minutes..Where in Denver is she and I can provide the best route...

Dude, this is gonna be some kinda hike, 2700 miles, ugh... http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif

This will be the ultimate expression of your starquest addiction..With memories to have and share for the rest of your life...FYI I drove from south beach Miami to denver straight in my old 87 and I remember that drive very fondly...Just think of the experience and the miles will take care of themselves...The people you will meet, the bad food, the the tire you will change in the rain...Its all part of the fun...