suspension swaps?

i've heard of the fronts being similar to corollas and the rears being similar to e30s from a race shop, but i haven't heard anything else.

They are similar in design, but I HIGHLY doubt they are remotely close to an easy swap.

the easiest "swap" is using the second gen MR2 strut INSERTS in our strut casing, but any way you look at this swap, your looking at custom work being done.

There are other options, mainly in using 240sx/silvia front suspension and steering components, but that requires a lot a custom fab work to get right

Contact "DaveO" he is working on modded 240sx A-arms nd some other bits to bolt on...

Don't talk me up too much Rob, haha. Gotta find a clean STRAIGHT S13 subframe first. More difficult than one may think.

I was going to use a s13 control arms and stuff, but when you put the parts side by side it looks like a huge down grade... everything is smaller and thinner. After market s13/s14 control arms might be the way to go.

I was going to use a s13 control arms and stuff, but when you put the parts side by side it looks like a huge down grade... everything is smaller and thinner. After market s13/s14 control arms might be the way to go.

Exactly my thoughts. Hell, most aftermarket pieces are cheaper than stock even, so it'd be a no-brainer.

I think mk1 has a fron suspension set up on his website. it's from suspension technics. front and rear swaybar

set. 269.99. I assume the rubber or poly bushings come with it from mfg.

Let me know what you guys think because I am looking to do a swap on my suspension and am looking for opinons as well.

franco

For the fronts I was originally going to suggest looking into AE86 Corolla options, as they're essentially the same design, but I now recall that they are stuck with the same options we are, all using the OEM strut casing and spindle.

I think I got it mostly figured out, I'm picking up a set of 99 mustang spindles/brakes/hubs. They have to the same bolt pattern, and I'll be able to use the GT rack that I'm using for steering. This way i can have it in front of the k member, so that I can keep my vette oil pan. I'll try to get some pics of progress by this week.

Interesting. Converting from McPherson to Double Wishbone is an interesting idea. I like it.

Actually, at least the 99-04 Mustangs had a single lower contraol arm, with a hub and strut, except the hub and strut are separate units.

Only they didn't have the spring up on the strut, it's a separate coil that's down on the lower control arm

EDIT: after a bit of searching, 79 on has a strut type setup. 79-04 has the separate coil spring down on the lower control arm....

http://www.crazymustang.com/images/cof/ford-mustang-suspension-P2270008.jpg

2005 and up, has the spring up on the strut.

http://www.brucekimball.com/images/2005-mustang-2.jpg

the double wishbone "mustang" suspension your thinking of, is the Mustang II...

http://www.gearheadworld.com/images/49-54%20chev%20fron.jpg

Edited by D_Venable

I'm still going to use a similar stlye control arm that the stock quest uses, only a little bit longer (with adjustment) to widen the track a bit... By not using the mustang a arm set up I should be able to gain more steering angle. I'll have to wait till my parts get here to see how it all works out. I do need to find a set of coilovers to play around with. Edited by idriftjunk