i want to regrind my cam

schneider racing cams? theirs are regrinds. they have a website too

thanks

they have allot of different options....

first of all....solid or hydrolic...i want to keep my stock rockers so im guessing hrdrolic

than what specs should i be going for?

Edited by eviper21

I've tried couple of the Schneider cams and a couple of Tims cams and so far the latest cam I got from Tim I like the best. You'll need more fuel at low rpms to use it though. Even at idle a stock fuel system is very lean.

I've tried couple of the Schneider cams and a couple of Tims cams and so far the latest cam I got from Tim I like the best. You'll need more fuel at low rpms to use it though. Even at idle a stock fuel system is very lean.

Which cam are you running the monsta banshee? I have the screamin banshee and that thing pulls from like 2000 to 7000 rpm its crazy

I would say just keep the stock cam, its not holding you back until you want more revs. Or talk to Tim so he can set you up for your car.

Stay away from generic "performance" cams. Boost changes everything. On N/A cars the cam is one of the first things I change, but on a SQ in my opinion it should be one of the last.

i contacted schneider.... they told me to go with a 284 ....anybody try it?

they are cheap to at $120 a cam....

stock system is hydraulic correct? they told me it was and this cam was just a drop in hydraulic cam

....how much do you think it can rev with stock rockers....a larger cam (284) and HD springs....

i contacted schneider.... they told me to go with a 284 ....anybody try it?

they are cheap to at $120 a cam....

stock system is hydraulic correct? they told me it was and this cam was just a drop in hydraulic cam

....how much do you think it can rev with stock rockers....a larger cam (284) and HD springs....

Seriously if you car and turbo is all stock, I wouldn't bother with a cam swap. Your just gonna loose about 30 ft lbs of low ed torque and maybe not gain any on the top end with the 12a turbo.

Go look at chiplees cam comparison thread in "engine and performance mods" he has MPI and a bigger turbo. He made the most torque with the stock cam at 380 ft lbs. With a 292 he only gained about 30 HP up top, and dropped some torque which is to be expected, but even with all those mods it was obvious that the stock cam was not a big "problem" that needs to be the first thing changed. With a stock set up I dont think you will be happy with it. Also I know of about 4 people who put the stock cam back in after having issues with a "performance" cam. Too many people just want a cam with a bigger number.

I would use one of tims cams in before a schneider. He says he has some grinds that are better than the stock cam for more of a stock engine. He doesn't sell very many because they dont have big numbers like 284 or 292. Try one of those and let us know. I wish more people would do a before and after dyno to document the change.

I haven't been on for a few days. I travel for work and sometimes I can't get on.

I see now that you are thinking about using the stock hydraulic rockers. I can do a cam for those too, but I recommend going with mechanical rockers. The cam I have for that is the one Indiana and ScottyD talked about.

im doing a sooper high performance engine....im going for around 250+ hp but >300hp

so i dont want to go crazy with the cam....whats wrong with hydraulic cams / rockers?

i want to keep rockers stock and go with a nice street cam that will give me a nice broad range... (id rather have a nice curve with a 10hp gain throughout .... than a 30hp gain at 5500 rpms)

and probably HD springs since mine are old...might as well upgrade. and then ill probably gasket match the ports

do you have a similiar grind for a hydraulic cam Tim?

i sent you a PM also

Edited by eviper21

If thats all the hp you are looking for then stick with the stock cam, get a maf translator, 18g, and two 1000cc injectors

you think i can make 300+hp with a TBI and Hyper-U PISTONS?

didnt think i could so i figured id shoot for 250+ ...if i can frun 250 all day no problem then ill bump it up....

im rebuilding my block as we speak and Hyper-U's are going in....

i just thought 300hp was hard to do on these cars without a nice size turbo (18g +) and a fair amount of boost (15+)

if i slap a big turbo ($$) ill need more fuel (bigger injectors = $$$$) .... then i gotta get a bigger fuel pump to support the injector's flow( more $$$)...of course id probably be at 300hp with all that stuff

by the time i did all that i coulda gotten a cam for $200 and hit my goal of 250+ for cheaper...with a cam, exhaust, 14g or 16g at 10-15psi, 1g mas or if i can afford it MAFT....

am i wrong about my thinking? probably lol

o and how do you run 2 1000cc injectors without dumping all kinds of extra fuel at idle / low speeds

i was thinking about using an 850cc injector from an 86' (as a primary) so i can up the boost or get a bigger turbo

Edited by eviper21

You can adjust the maft down for idle, thus keeping a good idle with bigger injectors and a bigger cam.

I do have a hydraulic version for the stock rockers. The grind can't be quite as aggressive with the hydraulic slip rocker. The grind I have is better than any other 284 hyd slip rocker cam out there.