Autocross

Mix_67

heheh, that was without powersteering too dont forget. Speaking of which I need my 12mm wrench ;) I forget how nice that wrnech was when adjusting the alternator belt. Tires are realy where its at, mine are old, warn and dry and they are still better than street tires. It was definilt interesting running an automatic car, kinda boring honestly. This may of lit more of a fire under my a** to get the green car done, I miss the handful of ending a run say "holy crap"

I am trying to make it to the Army Depot Auto-X in Romulus. It's not too far from me.

If I do I am sure I'll see you there!

The stumbling block is getting my battery relocation up to SCCA specs...

Edited by psu_Crash

Here is an in car clip from an sti, with a short section of my car in the beginning. Gives you an idea of what the course looks like.

(FYI there is a holy sh#t at the 1:25 mark)

• 4 months later...

Well just an update on the auto-x season, I have made every event for our region plus a few extra. I have destroyed my cheap all-seasons and set aside money for slicks as they come up for sale as the weather turns cold.

I also picked up a go-pro camera and here are 2 vids from the last event. it was a dual course event and you ran the 2 different courses back to back. 2 lots 6 runs each. Should have more vids next week from our final event.

Please excuse the horrid driving and screaming tires.

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/mix_67/My%20Cars/?action=view&current=Lakeland_run2MBR.flv

http://s409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/mix_67/My%20Cars/?action=view&current=Lakeland_run2NEO.flv

• 9 months later...

Well, we are well into the 2010 Auto-x season. I got a set of Bridgestones used off a fellow auto-x'r and its a whole new world. Between the new rotors, pads and tires I have actually become competitive in my class. Ran about 0.5 sec of the class winner on a 42 second course.

Video below of all 11 runs on Sunday:

Cool man, that looks like a ton of fun. I really need to look more into the local Auto-X scene...

Agreed! If I could get all the bugs worked out I would look more aggressively.

Have you seen AndyW out this year?

Edited by psu_Crash

• 3 weeks later...