Need your help! Finding a way to market 500 Porsche/Mercedes cars.........

Kreal

:hmm3grin2orange:

OK now that I've got your attention perhaps you could help me and my girlfriend figure out a way to sell these interesting things..

In the late 1970s, early 1980s Toys R US had these cars manufactured for children, they are made of metal and are sturdy and have intricate details (hubcaps on the wheels, light-up headlights, the porsche has a LARGE whale tail, grills, power antennas, horns, etc)

They were motorized and had a brake and a gas pedal, and a forward/reverse switch. They sold with a policy of 'if for any reason you are unsatisfied or it is broken, return it for full refund'. And many did........... they were all put inside of a large building and one day bought up by a gentleman I met locally who collects all years of Pedal cars.

He would like to sell these... and offered an opportunity to Kelly & I to figure out a way to market them for him.

What we have are about 500 bodies of Porsche and Mercedes. Some VW Beetle. Mostly bodies, some have frames (metal) and wheels, motors, whale tails, etc. All various stages of completion (returns, remember). So rather than try to build them back to what they once were, we need to think outside of the box and come up with other creative ideas.

Here are the bare bodies, to give you an idea. Remember we have many with complete cars, frames, motor,s wheels, etc. They really are cool, and are METAL not plastic.

What do you think? 'Make your homade pedal car, stroller, or teddy bear display?' lol..

All input needed !

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6073/dsc02681bqz.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3806/dsc02680b.jpg

You are crazy... that is what I think.

You may find interest on ebay, I can't think of any other way to reach a mass market of collectors for something line that (which is your only hope).

What were your thoughts when you got them (you obviously had some ideas).

You are crazy... that is what I think.

You may find interest on ebay, I can't think of any other way to reach a mass market of collectors for something line that (which is your only hope).

What were your thoughts when you got them (you obviously had some ideas).

I think he's only planning to earn some commissions.

I don't know how you find this stuff. You're like a magnet. :o

Build some lowrider wagons like these and attach the car bodies to them. Then sell them on ebay or at car shows for $500.

Or fab up some hadware to mount the body to a standard Radio Flyer red wagon, then sell the brackets, body and seat as a set for a price.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/nomad1856/wagon_blk-gry_ghost.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll231/nomad1856/Copyofdeep1wagon.jpg

call that antique road show guy. There is an antique mall out in Medina Ohio, I want to say it's on rout 8 right by 71. Craigs list, Ebay. There has to be a ped car forum.

Hi all,

Our dilemma is that we have about 500-600 bodies, but only maybe 300 frames, 200 sets of wheels/tires/hubcaps, 50 whaletails, 20 steering wheels, 50 motors.

The only good thing we have going on here is they are desireable cars (Well, the Porsche 911 is!). And they are all metal from body to frame, not plastic or fiberglass.

We don't know if any of them work and no way to test..assuming selling one body alone for $30 may be too high? Just trying to think of ideas here... as we don't have the parts or time to start rebuilding these, better to sell them off as 'projects' or 'do it yourself' deals, where the buyer makes what he wants out of it. IF anything, the bodies shine up great and could be used for display, the whale tails are neat!

Hmm....

Hi all!

Thanks for the input this far and PLEASE keep it coming !! Need to decide if there is a market for these bodies or not.

How cool would it be to get your young kid into cars by creating a Porsche 911 pedal or motorized car for him? Idea?

Hmm......

$30 a body ?

Truthfully I'd suggest building the 50 full cars you can, rig the bodies to be easily releasable. Then sell 50 cars with the option to quickly change from 1 to another. So you sell 1 frame and 3 bodies at once for a decent price. The rest you can sell for spare parts or whatever. Though I'd be interested in seeing what the bug bodies look like. As someone else mentioned, VW Porsche, and Mercedes collectors will definitely eat them up.