Lambo/Vertical Door Shocks

Rich

Do any of you folks with lambo/vertical doors have a dual shock hinge (i.e. two shocks per door)? I know there are systems out there with dual 20 inch shocks per door. Those are not the ones. I believe those are weld-on hinges. My hinges are an older version bolt-on hinge that came with two 8" shocks per door. My hinge looks like today's bolt-on, except there are two shocks per door instead of one. There are lots of different 8-inch replacement shocks out there, but they don't look like they are compatible with my shocks.

My problem is that my doors no longer want to stay up. I have been trying to locate shocks for a couple months now. The hinges were on the car when I bought it, and the prior owner told me the hinges came from lambodoor.com. I called them, but they claim they never sold a set like the one on my car. They did tell me that the dual shock systems have been discontinued and they don't know where to get the shocks for my system. I have called a few other people who sell the shocks, but they can't really tell me whether I can use their shocks in my hinge.

Dave Springer sold me door hinges a couple months ago and I was in the garage last Saturday with the passenger fender off so I could remove the hinge. My kids really like the vertical look so they begged me to take one one more stab at trying to get the doors working before I switch back to an original hinge.

I doesn't matter to me whether I locate a set of replacement shocks or if someone has experience modifying this type of hinge to a single shock. I like the doors, but I'm not willing to spend big bucks to keep them working or buy another set. Its a whole lot cheaper just to switch the doors back to the way they were, but my 10 year old daughter gave me that crocodile tear look so I gave in!

Rich

Is there any part numbers or markings at all on the ones installed? It may be easier to see now that you have the fender off. I least a good pic of them may aid you in you search for an uncommon part like that. It piston is proboblly a common part but the app. not so much. Good luck.