Idle Air Solenoid

The megamanual says that 91-93 Buick and 88-93 Chevy's came with an Idle Air Solenoid that I can use for fast idle with MS.

Anyone know the specific model car/truck I should be looking for, and/or have any experience using one?

Edited by psu_Crash

At work last night I came up with this:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3928/solenoid002.jpg

I think i should do the trick. Modified the 24V solenoid to operate at 12V. Now the only real question is will it flow enough to make a significant difference. The barb that will T into a manifold port is 1/8" NPT. Should be comparable to unhooking a vacuum line, which increases my idle plenty. Another question is if my MS Fidle circuit can sink or source 150mA to run this directly.

Should go in for a test tomorow. I'll let you know

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/custom-...valve-p-69.html

and a jeep idle motor

Its about 125.00 for both parts but it works.

The hose comes from the back of the plenum with a 90 fitting, runs underneath and the motor/housing is fastened to the front of the intake on a bracket. The hose out goes to the intercooler pipe just in front of the throttlebody.

$125 is what I am trying to avoid Indiana.

I hooked my version up this morning and MS seems to control it perfect. When engaged it raises my idle by about 500 RPM.

I put another barb where the filter is in the pic and routed it to the IC pipe in front of my TB.

More testing will come tomorrow, but i think this is going to work just fine. Once i get things all mounted i will post some pics.

Edited by psu_Crash

Crash is mad funny--he went straight to "industrial electronics" to get the job done -totally original i like that "Bead Filter" on there.

Thanks for the compliment. I am getting rid of the filter and routing a line from the IC piping to that port. That way there is a little pressure and it will flow better.

Using that part is perfect for me. Free parts and rebuild kits if I need them. I love my job ;)

Indy, we use these valves at work on machines that melt and form glass, so i don't think heat is going to be an issue.

As far as wiring, one of the 2 connections goes to my Fidle wire in megasquirt and the other to ground.

Taking my intake off tomorrow for a new gasket so sometime mid week I should be able to get some pics up of the install.

Actually though about using one of the old EGR solenoids too but it didn't flow enough to make a significant difference.

Edited by psu_Crash