LOL, catch can!

I bought this pile of junk off ebay for 40 bucks shipped, it comes with two tiny ports on top, a drain port and a "window" to see oil level. Needless to say, I modified it. Now there is steel wool inside with a perch to keep it out of the bottom, the top two fittings have some brass tubing running down through the steel wool to the open space at the bottom, then the top side port goes into the air filter kindof like the stock setup. The PCV goes in one of the top ports, but I used the intake manifold nipple for my blow off valve, so I am not sending any oil (hopefully) straight into the manifold. I suppose if the steel wool doesn't work very well it might get some vapor into the turbo inlet, but definately no liquid oil will get in there, it would have to defy gravity and a very large hose going to the front engine cover port (where the stock turbo drain goes).

See here:

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/data/529/medium/DSC02652.JPG

But I have a question about it, maybe someone can answer. This is a fresh engine, with all kinds of ARP moly lube, assembly lube, cam break in compound, STP, some 10w-40 oil and some rotella T 15w-40. First, it smells like a janitor's closet filled with turpintine and strong cleaners when I open the valve cover, and B, when it's running all this water (or what seems like water) condenses in that clear hose. when I pop it off the back, droplets come out, and it's about the consistency of water. Is it just because I haven't run it in a while, or is there a bunch of steam from the menagerie that are my crankcase fluids?

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it can. I hope it doesn't! I was thinking since it's in an oily environment it won't rust much. Stainless steel wool would be best. Or some nice baffling inside the can. My oil return line to the pan is pretty small, and all of the other ports from the crankcase seem to be flowing into the can, and the only outlet goes into the turbo inlet, no filter or anything. I should get another catch can for that. Ha.