2.6 to ls1

so i recently broke my 2.6 with a 19c engine and i just pulled it yesterday to see what i did. turns out i blew 3 of the 4 piston rings. so with that i have decided to get rid of my cursed 2.6 and put a ls1 from a camaro or a 350 from a camaro. Any tips or things i should know before

thanks

jeff

There is an engine swap section on the botton of this forums page, you may find more info in there. there are several that have done the LS1 swap already, one is even turbocharged, but I dont' know how much info they have shared.

so i recently broke my 2.6 with a 19c engine and i just pulled it yesterday to see what i did. turns out i blew 3 of the 4 piston rings. so with that i have decided to get rid of my cursed 2.6 and put a ls1 from a camaro or a 350 from a camaro. Any tips or things i should know before

thanks

jeff

That idea sounds ridiculous. For half of what you'll spend on a swap rebuild it the right way and you'll have a more reliable motor with more powa than a beaten up stock LS1. 2.6's aren't cursed, just 20 years old. Take it easy on em'.

Edited by michael knight

thanks

jeff

This swap requires that you use a ls1 out of a 04 GTO, becasue you have to have a front-sump oil pan. This swap is better done using a auto car, because the tranny tunnel is bigger. And most of all, this swap ain't cheap.

Guest Kenmarrow

thanks

jeff

This is a very Difficult swap. unless you can fabricate, weld, cut, solder, hammer and modify in a self owned well equiped shop/garage...and have at least 5k to spend forget it.

This swap is well worth it once you get it done... many have tried it .. few have completed it.