Tornado mod in Injector TB

JPX

once a Jetta with a stupid boost controler pulls next to you and leaves you in the dust, you will have plenty of time to explain the benefits of the vortex and how you can transfer that technology from the toilet to the intake of the car. now for the rest of the crowd i suggest you wait for the day when a actual racecars or factory sports cars(anything with less than a 14second quartermile) that implement this "technology" before wasting your time reading this thread or your money instead of buying a RRFPR and going about your business.

there are just a few things necassary to make the starion do better than 14 sec. in the 1/4. a bigger turbo, a half decent exhaust, boost,  AND fuel to go with it. anything else is BS until those are done.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, its about time. We've been waiting for the real world results. Sorry if I sound like an a** but enough with theory's. Lots of people say this and that but I'm not interested in theorys. Your theory is whats making you do what you planned so we dont need any convincing from the people trying new things, I just want to see the real world results. I'm not scientist or mechanic so I don't have any clue as to what your saying. Let the result speak for itself. Let the the theory be explained after your result.

Sorry if I sound little harsh, I'm just getting anxious about the result.

Anyways, keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Tornado Mod is done .... TB and piping looks awesome!

Still ceramic coating but expect to fire up/start Quest This Sunday 9/20/03...

www.26liter.us/DUgallery/cat.asp?iCat=74

Visit their gallery for updated pics of this mods and T3/T4 buildup project.

Expecting around 300hp...

later..

***PS:   Evo 5 JDM Sited pushing over 450hp in NY will post pics as well...

Later

JPX

• 1 month later...

Mod is done...

Noticed smother throttle response better Air/fuel mix.  inlet to match upper injector feed ...Tornado in Connecting pipe just before TB Injector plenum...

Visit www.26liter.us for pics on major bolt on upgrade including this one...

Pushing +300hp

Mods: T3/T4 V-Trim & Custom header, Pulley, TB mod  & 1gMAS, 2.5' Downpipe , MSD6 BTM, Profec B, Tial BOV, Adj. Fuel Reg, MSD Fuel Pump, Custom 2.5" Exhaust, 3 wire O2, Denso Iridium plugs, ARP Head Bolts, HP Water Pump, 170' Thermo, 2.25' Intercooler pipes.

The STI and EVO Cats better step a side....cause JPX Is Comming....

[glow=red,2,300]BOTTOM LINE...IT DOES DONT WORK ON A  UPGRADED STARION/CONQUEST WITH HIGHER THAN STOCK BOOST. IT WILL ONLY RESTRIC THE AIR FLOW CAUSING IT TO SPUTTER AND CHOKE AT FULL THROTTLE. IT SUCKS... WENT THROUGH NEW INJECTORS,NEW VACC HOSES,SPARKS PLUGS,ETC....JUST TO FIND OUT IT WAS THE "TORNADO FUEL SAVER"[/glow] ::)

FOR MOST OF US IT WILL NOT WORK.

FOR THE REST WITH STOCK ENGINE, TRY IT. ::)

"Tornado Fuel Saver" is the RIP-OFF company that is making them in CHINA .

There is a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them by the makers of the original "Tornado"It is a good thing you removed it because they use cheap assembly Single spot welds instead of double or triple spot welds like the original

(The cheap RIP-OFFS have come apart and jammed inside  throttle bodies)

You should place the Tornado inside the begining of the OVCP  for intercooled vehicles and not the Opening at the begining of the throttle body.

But the bottom line is Tornado or any other "device" that disrupts Laminar Air Flow is redundant in a Super Charged(turbo)Vehicle once the Boost is on.

OPTIMUSPRIME I would loose the Mechanic (parts exchanger) that started throwing parts at your car to solve a problem. If you pay the real mechanic with the correct tools who charges more than the inexpensive guy you'll actually save money in the long run because he/she will diagnose a problem to find the correct cure.

FYI, I just dynoed 2 models of the tornado. first was a 98 turbo civic, lost 4 horsepower at the wheels. next was a 350 chevy, that one lost 13 horsepower. After seeing it on the dyno it SUCKS!

Melayanton you Must be doing something wrong.. did you put it in facing the right way? Did you use the correct size ?

You actually went to all the trouble to buy two different Tornado's and test them on the Dyno and they failed?

The owner of the company comes to our school and fields tests the new car applications with the students... I've seen a Honda Civic a Chevy S-10 and a Chevy Suburban all on different occasions improve..

Post the dyno results before and after in a FAX type format here or mail them to me and I'll show them to the owner of the company... I'm not promising anything but your school (UTI ) may get a personal visit.

The one on the 350 chevy was chevy specific, was facing correctly and used a k & n filter setup. The K&N by itself did better. Ill see if the guy can bring it again or if I can pull the file and print it out. Not saying it doesnt work on any car, but on modded civic and modded 350 results were negative. Besides If you turbo your civic or heavily mod a 350 chevy it is very unlikely that you care about " fuel saving".

Part of the fuel savings comes from better intake air flow  Faster moving air into the combustion chamber = more horsepower = better fuel economy (if you can keep your foot off it.)

• 1 year later...
metric-man, od you work for tornado? ive never owned owned one, i have owned one of those electric turbo things though(JUNK) and from what ive been reading on these tornados, the same thig, junk, ive read of like 2 people who have actually "felt" a difference, but hadnt had it dyno tested. and ever person who has had it dyno tested the results have been negative......sorry, sounds like a peice of s*** to me

metric-man, od you work for tornado? ive never owned owned one, i have owned one of those electric turbo things though(JUNK) and from what ive been reading on these tornados, the same thig, junk, ive read of like 2 people who have actually "felt" a difference, but hadnt had it dyno tested. and ever person who has had it dyno tested the results have been negative......sorry, sounds like a peice of s*** to me

I almost feel the need to retaliate...

but upon reading your comments a second time I came to the realization your opinion doesn't matter that much .. just like most people who come to conclusions based on here say.. although I would have never given a second look at the electric turbo.. so perhaps some people are better off living life that way.

Post the data or be off with you...

• 2 weeks later...

if he claims 300 horse on a tbi setup, I want to see the dynosheet. Unless hes claiming at the crank.....that would be a different story.

Personally...I laughed at the tornado, to me, anything inside the intake piping is a restriction. I dont care if it spins the air, when you have all that boost pressure inside the piping is it really still gonna spin the air? To me it seems like a restriction in any car, but then again Ive never done any tornado dyno tests.

especially on the tbi setup, that splitter is there to smooth out the air so that the fuel and air atomizes correctly, I have heard of people taking out the splitter and having problems.