TB-PRO1 !

This is been the BEST thing I done to my car! All sputtering, jerks, fuel cuts,etc, etc, are gone for ever!  the Starion pulls soooooooooo hard I got to keep the boost at 15 PSI. Specially a automatic...it just keeps pulling very hard.

I recomend for everybody to do this upgrade to your car if you dont want MPI, you wont be dissapointed!

8)

www.Fuelinjectionpro.com

PS: BIG Thanks to ED and Scott.

damn opti. you must be gettin paid eheh. jk guys it really looks like a great product. i will be gettin a setup for the truck. if you dont want mpi go with this and hell even if you do decide to you can add 2 more injcetors and upgrade a little. its great

OPTIMUSPRIME:

The more I hear about fuelinjectionpro.com, the more I want to convert my OEM setup over. Since you have the TB-PRO1 setup, what OEM injectors are you using? 1 large and 1 small, or 2 large? I've read all the info from their website, and it's very impressive. What OEM parts were you able to remove from the car by using this setup? Can you please post pictures of your setup?

Josh

I'm finally getting towards having my car run right so that I can get my car on the dyno.  It looks to me like all of the kits have the same ecu's, but the main difference is the Pro-2 Kit comes with new injectors that are the same size as the factory secondaries, but are disk style so that it will have a MUCH better idle quality and fuel mixture.

I too need to thank Ed and Scott for putting up with my constant phone calls and getting my kit to me in a rush even with the terrible weather they had.

Ohhhh..  ;D   Ok I might have to try one of these things out once I get my suspension problems worked out.. (And my exhaust )...

I really would like to see some dyno #s on their MPI to see how it compares to the Magna #s folks are getting.  Total cost of them both (MPI) seems pretty close..

(that Magna sure looks good in there ..)

Im running TWO Secondary injectors , MAS was removed aswell as the 88' ECU. I will take some new pics of the engine but I  keep it "factory look"  ;)  

You may want to go with PRO-2 if you have bad injectors.

Also a friend of mine will be getting a 4wd dyno soon and you bet i'll be there to test the power. Another thing that I wanted to add is that when I test drove the car after the installation, the boost was set approximately 20 PSI ! Man...Ed check the air/fuel mixure and it stayed right on target all the way through 20 PSI ! By the way I do have a upgraded turbo from majestic and it flows between a 18G and 20G. Dont remember the numbers/name of the compressor.  But trust me...Ryan saw the compressor, right Ryan! ha ha

So what you are saying is that with this kit, the GM mas and translater and wide band 02, and a fuel management system won't be needed to dial in the proper air fuel mixture, right?

If it is everyting that you are claiming or so that the co. is claiming, it seems to be a good cost effective upgrade, especially for guys who are looking into a  huge turbo and are worried about major leaning out conditions.  Guys like me, for instance.

Get that thing dynoed and get back to us asap.

This could be a huge deal for a lot of guys.

Franco

So what you are saying is that with this kit, the GM mas and translater and wide band 02, and a fuel management system won't be needed to dial in the proper air fuel mixture, right?

If it is everyting that you are claiming or so that the co. is claiming, it seems to be a good cost effective upgrade, especially for guys who are looking into a  huge turbo and are worried about major leaning out conditions.  Guys like me, for instance.

Get that thing dynoed and get back to us asap.

This could be a huge deal for a lot of guys.

Franco

That's exactly right.  It performs all the basic functions of a standalone fuel-only controller like the SDS or similar.  I don't believe it has any auxilliary outputs.  It is tunable with a laptop or their handheld programmer, although they don't seem to intend for the consumer to do much tuning as they mention it in passing, but don't have a download site for the tuning software, etc.  They have said that it uses Megatune software for tuning, which can be downloaded free here:

http://www.msefi.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14

Apologies to FIPRO if I step on their toes with this post.  They can tell you the specifics of their product.  Personally I would have jumped on the chance to get rid of the stock comp and have full fuel tunability for $475 (had I not found the megasquirt first)  Props to them for filling a niche!

From all the feedback I've seen, it's tuned very well out of the box for a STOCK quest.  As with any system, the more heavily your motor is modified the more fuel you'll need, and that can be acomplished perfectly with this system and a WBO2, and pretty well with a NB sensor.

From all the feedback I've seen, it's tuned very well out of the box for a STOCK quest.  As with any system, the more heavily your motor is modified the more fuel you'll need, and that can be acomplished perfectly with this system and a WBO2, and pretty well with a NB sensor.

If you request for them to make a close baseline map for the mods you have they will for no extra charge.  I asked them to get it close for an 18g turbo and the TEP 284 cam and its dead on for a street car.  I have not been able to romp on it 100% yet because of distribuiter troubles but it seems like an almost perfect map so far.  Yes, that's right.... perfect.

How do you get in touch with these guys. I emailed them, but got no reply.

Do they give you a number to call only if you buy their system?

I can't buy their system unless I talk to them first!

It's a catch twenty two I believe.

Franco

• 2 weeks later...

Took it to the dyno to find out the clutch was sliping.  Right at 3500 RPM the car will stop pulling. ( I thought that it was the boost that i had set at 15psi) but is not.  All air/fuel mix were right on target the entire time. but it sucks now that i found out that the CONVERTER IS SLIPING.  We only did one test on the dyno because of the problem.

I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A TRANSMISION THAT IS GOING TO BOLT RIGHT IN. OR IF THERE IS A COMPANY THAT CAN MAKE A CONVERTER PLATE FOR THE AUTOMATIC TRANNY. I DONT WANT TO GO 5 SPEED AGAIN.