Trilogy Turbos Meet (Florida)

BMWTech

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to Heron today, He's getting ahold of the guy w/ the dyno and is gonna let me know what he can do for us? How many here are seriously interested and would make a few pulls on the dyno? I need a head count. Thanks.

Got lots done over the weekend. We'll be finishing up the fine tuning on the dyno here today or tomorrow. Not sure I'll need to dyno again, but could probably be talked into a glory pull if cheap enough. (I found that bridge Mom - and yes everybody else IS jumping off)

Looking forward to my first meet in FL, first in a few years, and first with this new setup dialed in.

Edited by mstieg

I'll come with a friend of mine, I'll ask him if he wants to make a couple of dyno pulls!

StarionPAP

...We'd like to see 10+ quests to make this happen. .... Between Heron and I we have about 6 quests, but we'll count that as 2, lets get some people onboard and we'll make a serious date. Thanks

-Neil

1) Heron - host

2) BMWTech - host

3) mstieg - Fort Myers

4) strang3majik - Englewood

5) lancea9847 - Port Charolette (I'll get him a trans)

6) Roush - Naples (maybe - I'll PM him)

7) bha280 - Inverness (spun bearing rebuilt yet?)

8) Vice - Orlando

9) ptracy26 - Orange Park

10) 87Turbo Raider - Apopka

11) Ernie88TSi - Jacksonville

12) StarionPAP - Haiti

Looks like 9-10 SQs, a Raider, and a mod at least.

Edited by mstieg

May 9th is my birthday, so have to run this one by my Wife. Maybe we can get away down there for the weekend. I'll follow up.

If it does happen, clutch is just starting to slip so the dyno may be out for me.

1) Heron - host

2) BMWTech - host

3) mstieg - Fort Myers

4) strang3majik - Englewood

5) lancea9847 - Port Charolette (I'll get him a trans)

6) Roush - Naples (maybe - I'll PM him)

7) bha280 - Inverness (spun bearing rebuilt yet?)

8) Vice - Orlando

9) ptracy26 - Orange Park

10) 87Turbo Raider - Apopka

11) Ernie88TSi - Jacksonville

12) StarionPAP - Haiti

Looks like 9-10 SQs, a Raider, and a mod at least.

Sorry to not have chimed in about the date. May 9th is fine. I don't know if I'll be dyno'n any, but I look forward to meeting all of you and seeing south fl.

Angel Carlo

I have to talk to my Fiance but Ill try to bring both my cars, just gotta convince her to drive one. I also think ad8tsi from Orlando might make it and I'm looking into a few other starquesters in my area from back in the day, pumpedtsi and surveyor22. Still no word on dyno pricing yet.

any update on if May 9th will be the day? I gotta know how hard to push it with mine. Turns out this internal wastegate setup won't fly with this turbo and I need to get an external flange & pipes done up before fine tuning. Worse, the throwout bearing decided to start hollering (better just be the TO bearing!). So a date with my tranny is coming up with the exception of me popping my shoulder out playing bball last night...not sure how I'll get that tranny pulled when I can't lift my arm yet! Son of a ...

Its probably gonna be 11am-noon ish, if that works for everyone. I need a headcount of people who are interested in getting a dyno run in, no price yet just need a head count. Thanks.

Id be up for it...if its affordable :P

Ok here is an update on the Dyno usage. Heron's friend is willing to open his shop for us on Saturday for some dyno runs, since he is asking a Flat fee we need to know if there is enough interest to go through with it. Its about $700 and he'll allow up to 20 cars, 2-3 runs each. 20 cars is $35 pp, 10 is $70 pp, which is a pretty fair price. If you are NOT interested in Dyno time, please post that also. If the dyno does work out we'd have to move the time up, best time is in the morning since it gets hot here pretty quickly and it would allow us to get most of the runs in say 10am-2pm. Lets hear what you think. Thanks.

Neil

if we happen to have 20 people, Ill go on the dyno...but, I can't do $70.

So...come on people...you know you want to come to this :)

I'm with him^^^. It's not likely that we'll get 20 cars, let alone 20 willing to hit em hard on a dyno after traveling hours to get there. If he's willing to do say $400 for 10 cars we might be closer to reality. I won't be dropping $70 for a few pulls especially right after dyno tuning it right before this meet. It'll be down to the wire for me to have the car ready for this. Thanks for looking into it Neil and let us know if he's interested in dyno time on a smaller scale.

I don't think I can make it. I will be in Pensacola from Apr 30 to May 8 competeing in the soldier of the year competition for my Army reserve unit. They sprung this on me just last week because the person they were training got hurt. That is a long drive, I've done it several times, and Shelby said he's not sure if my car will even be done by then. Still, I would like to meet some of ya'll some time and will be itching to drive once I get my car back. So, people in Orlando and Tampa you are the closest and you may be getting an email from me soon. I have friends all over FL.

I tried getting a hold of ryan and larry, but havent heard back from them. Neither of them are driving their quests anymore, they are deep into the bmw 8 series now. As far as the dyno goes I will run your proposal by Heron, I know he was planning on having a few other non SQ cars there to run on the dyno so that should help drive the price down. I'll let you know.

btw if anyone needs parts this is a good time to get free delivery

especially on the big stuff like:

a widebody 5spd trans

fuso intercooler

and smaller stuff...

new mitsu distributor

new mitsu 88/89 ignitor box

starion tail lights

I could use a clean left front fender...

yeah - swapping...