n2o

flyboy367

Hey I know that NitroNick has a N2O setup on his quest.. I'm saving right now to get a Nitrous system. Remember if your going to run a shot above 50 make sure to get forged pistons!!! I'm getting a 100 shot wet kit from Nitrous express..Oh and only get a wet kit I wouldn't recomend a dry unless you want to really hurt your engine. hope that helped

kurt

I pulled this off the old board a LONG time ago. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

"Ok several of you have e mailed me asking about the

nitrous system on my car instead of mailing everyone

ill post it hear, I used a soft plume fogger nozzel

pn#13716 with a no#37 nitrous jet and a no#22 fuel jet

the remainder of the system i allready had, barrowed from one of my other projects, standard cheeter solonids and

wireing i would recomend a a/f meeter to make sure that

your pistons dont go out your exhaust in liquid form !

the above jetting yields a 50 hp boost,"

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

Help me - Help you.   I'll tell you everything about Nitrous Oxide & using N20 on a G54B..  The "Wet Fogger" system I'am using at the current jet setting of (N20: .047#  /  Fuel: .028)  -or-   **100HP** should only be at 100% once above 3,200 rpm  & with my Clearwater cyl head my static compression has been lowered so I can safely get away with 16G turbo @ 18-20 psi  +  100hp Nitrous using fuel oct of only 93+OCT (but higher is better!)

**Tips / Tricks**

1. EGT & IGN timing curve:  the best info needed when using N20 is your Exhaust temp and the most ign timing possible to help keep your exhaust temp perfect.

2. Nirtrous Bottle Heater:  the biggest problem i have is keeping the A/F ratio from going Rich-A/F ratio when ever the bottle temp drops.

3. The last thing is how to make your own throttle switch for the Nitrous,  Its something I can only tell you was a very "home made" deal for me.. (ps: the throttle switch is only needed for NHRA/IHRA tracks)

[ftp]http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm[/ftp]

• 5 months later...
ok, this may sound silly, but N20 is an oxidizer right, so this is just adding something like "air" into the combustion chamber. since you have a TURBO!!!! why not invest in a larger turbo and not have to refill the bottle? just add fuel, magically delicous!!!

Im running Holley part# 5208 NOS fogger system with 75 shot jets. NO2 is the easiest way to get more fuel and O2 into the engine. NO2 has other advantages like cooling the intake air and allowing you to build a streetable car with HP on demand. I just got back from the track and the NO2 was good for a full second off my ET.

Go to Holley.com they have alot of good info on nitrous.

Beware though, some dumby (me) put the nos soleniod in backwards and with the gas on I came to a stop sign, when I let off the throttle and came down to an idle BOOM. I blew an intercooler hose it took out the grill, the OVCP came up and dented the hood, and the throttle body butterfly was bent down around the shaft. $100 latter I was back on the road and thinking I was mighty lucky. The moral of the story besides dont let me work on your car is start small and work up. I started with the 50HP jets and IM going to move up to 100HP ASAP.

The other thing that you need to make sure of is that you have plenty of fuel and its better to have a little to much than to little. If you buy a kit this is covered in the instructions, but so is which way to install the nos solenoid.  

Tony        

I believe the GM MAFT has a ability to change fuel load based on a trigger wire.  Its a feature specifically for NO2 systems the MAFT has built in.

So you might be able to use a dry system and the MAFTs abilitys to cover the extra fuel.

Just a thought... I don't have money for either  :'(

mm

I would never run a dry kit... they might be ezer to install but well the likly hood of a injector failing or somethin the Stock fuel set up is very high as the injectors run hard as it is to keep up with the turbo. And about why not get a ;arger turbo larger turbo more lag, true you might be able to make the same power up top BUT the AVG power is what will make one fast and with the juice it is there when you use it right now no lag at all, and 2nd with a stock tbi fuel set up like the one guy started it is a good way to add fuel to the motor as well you can Over jet the Fuel a bit and thus use it like a added injector.

• 4 weeks later...
why add an oxidizer when you can just turn uup the boost? same principle, add an oxidizer (o2, No2, whatever) and then you can add more fuel. just invest in a bigger turbo and your set for a long time, no need to refill (except the gas :)) anyway, just my .02

Guest c89zx7r
only n2o i put in my car would be spraying the front side of the intercooler . or go with the cryogenic hardware with n2o , first chills gas line then chills a intake piping and then vents off in front of intercooler . extra 50 hp with out it going inside your motor

i would stay away from joy juice.  turn up the boost alittle bit and run alky/water through your jet valves, if you still have them.  They will cool your temps down and yield more power safer the nitrous in my opinion.