Cheap stock non JV heads

I just bent all the vales on my head so I figured might as well track down a good cheap non JV head.... and I found an AWSOME deal.

$275 complete on exchange, but who cares about loosing an old JV head?

Cylinder Heads International

3900 E Jefferson St

Grand Prairie, TX 75051

(972) 264-3449

Well... my flanges are on the way for my intake and header, I may just decide to do something daring and make a wicked TBI setup that doesn't starve 2 & 3.  If I get the 1g MAS and hack it right and run 2 secondaries I should have more than enough fuel for my goal of 300 rwhp

I have but one complaint about these heads, they paint them, so if anyone buys them, take the time to get hte paint off the valve cover mating surface and from inside the head, it'll save from a lot of troubles later down the road.

ive seen two heads from alabama, very nice.  i bought a non jet remain for 190 to my door.  3 angle valve job and guides pressed in.  the other was a new casting jet head for a d50.  looked very nice as well.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/Starion/cylhead2.jpg

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/Starion/cylhead.jpg

175 plus shippings isnt bad.  they have a nice waranty thats based on a heat tag they place on the head.  if the glue melts and the tag isnt there your screwed, but if something happens and its still there they will take care of you.  i forget for how long, 6 mo?

Those complete Cheap Non-JV heads are likely from an Nonturbo (like a caravan or the like). You will HAVE to replace the exhaust valves with the turbo (stelite) valves, or you'll burn them up.

Joel

ill agree with star boy.  first i wouldnt buy a complete non jet head because as they said they are for non turbo cars.  i think the cam profile is different and the valves are different.  The paint does suck.  i thought they were blasted or dipped, but nope they are painted.  i pulled my VC off when i pulled the motor and there was small paint particles floating around.  i would flush the head before installing it.

I pulled mine all apart when I bought it, put in my schneider springs and cam,  that'll have to suffice untill I can get some cash together for a majorly ported head.  When I go to build a new head I'll try to track down just a casting, not a complete head and do some upgrade stainless valves and whatnot

The Springs are different, however the NA and Turbo cams are the same part number. Suprised me when I first found that out, but I guess it worked for Mitsu when they sold the car?

Joel

when i got mine on ebay, u had to specify what car it was going on and the seller set up the head for the starquest. the exhaust valves are stamped with G5S, which are the stellite valves from what im told. 275 shipped complette with cam and mech valve terrain.