Car won't start, looking for location of a part

movin on

Simple problem, but just too frustrated to think about it today. When tightening the positive terminal on my car. I touched the body of the car with a screw driver and there were some sparks. When I went to start my car, there was no power and the only thing I heard or saw was a click when I turned the key. I know this is a simple problem, but please somebody just tell me where and how to fix. Probably just looking for a main fuse or fuseable link. Thanks Edited by movin on

i don't see how shorting the positive battery post to ground would cause ANY issue with anything BUT the battery. if anything, i would check the terminal itself to make sure that the connectors at the post are tight and that everything is connected at the post as it should be.

I was just trying to explain everything that happened with grounding the battery like I did. Car is running now. I checked all the wires and some were loose. The car has sat for about five months and had a couple things done to it, so I am not surprised.

I would bet that the IGN (for ignition) fusible link wire is near failing, it's located on the small box next to the battery that has four different fusible links. You may encounter the problem again, of the car not wanting to start, if so try wiggling that wire and checking the connections of it.

-GCNTSi.