Head Bolt Size??

psu_Crash

So I went to retorque my head studs and noticed that the 2 front bolts labeled 11 in the FSM are completely missing!!

I am 100% sure they didn't just come loose and fall into the engine. My theory is that when I changed the head gasket a month or so ago I just forgot to put them back in, or they haven't been there since the rebuild?? If they were here I can't find them.

Either way what size/thread/length are these 2 bolts and what grade bolt are they?

Suggestions on where to pick some up locally?

Haha, check to see if they're in your oil pan. JK.

-Robert

Not funny Robert!

I know they weren't there ;)

Thanks for the help! This may be contributing to my oil leak where the timing cover meets the head ... I hope

I picked up some M8 x 1.25 x 50mm bolts at work that are 8.8 grade with a couple flat washers. Probably have a chance to get them in there tomorrow. Going to take a look at the oil leak too. It wasn't leaking until I did the head gasket replacement not long ago and now it leaks like a sieve!

I took my time and tried to make sure everything was sealed up nice there but apparently I missed something. (like those 2 bolts :character0285:)

Praying that I will be able to see exactly where it's coming from and take evasive manuvers to get it all sealed up. Has to be a pretty big spot not sealed up for it to leak like that since there is no pressure there.

It's getting nicer out by the day so I need to have this taken care of REAL soon and be able to get it on the dyno.

I hear they frown on oil all over their stuff