Radio Restore

shae201

I've got a flatline type sound coming from my factory 87 radio, it's not the alternator because it never changes pitch, only when I turn the radio up halfway to 3\4 of the way. Is there anyone who does radio restoration, i think it could be the capacitors?

I've got a flatline type sound coming from my factory 87 radio, it's not the alternator because it never changes pitch, only when I turn the radio up halfway to 3\4 of the way. Is there anyone who does radio restoration, i think it could be the capacitors?

I would go to maybe a mom and pops electronics store if one exists around you.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to your local Mitsu or Chrysler dealer and ask them where they send radios for rebuild/repair. Many know of local shops that do decent work AND can get factory parts (e.g. full circuit boards) to do the job right. Places that service car stereos though are few and far between... they're too hard to get parts for and most car stereos are considered "throw-aways" now.

mike c.

You know I was going to try and help you out here, But I see your screen name and I cannot help you. My ex Wife went by Shae lol. Check your coil and plug wires and see if one of them has come into contact with something and nicked or melted it. I also have a factory 87 radio here. It plays, but I have no idea about the cassette and some of the lights do not work on it. Might be able to use it as parts to fix yours. Now I also have a factory 1g radio with cd player that has something wrong with it too. It has cd and fits right back in the factory location. i have the factory amp that goes with the 1g radio also. let me know if I can help you out. Just do not ask me to call you Shae

• 2 weeks later...