89 auto window

How big of a deal is it to make my 87 have this? Is it simply the switch?

If it is just the switch...where may I find one?

It's just the switch, and you can find them out of any 88/89. My 87 switch went bad on me so I just switched them out. Literally plug and play ^_^

The 89 auto down is part of the drivers side switch. Its basically a small circuit board piggybacked onto the 88- switch.

I think there are some aftermarket options that will add auto down to existing power windows. Something like that might be easier to find than an 89 switch and they do both sides.

• 1 month later...
The 89 auto down is part of the drivers side switch. Its basically a small circuit board piggybacked onto the 88- switch.

I think there are some aftermarket options that will add auto down to existing power windows. Something like that might be easier to find than an 89 switch and they do both sides.

I built a couple for my cars and I built one for Jimmy (it's in his red car). I also designed an auto down/up prototype for both windows. If there's enough interest, I could make a lot more...

I'd be in for auto down for both windows if the price was reasonable. II know you have fair prices, but don't know what the electronics cost. My drivers side switch is getting flakey. I'm going to the Megameet up there in April. Are you going to be around? I'd like to get together if you are. I think TurboRaider and a few others might be coming too.

I built a couple for my cars and I built one for Jimmy (it's in his red car). I also designed an auto down/up prototype for both windows. If there's enough interest, I could make a lot more...

hmm...how much? And, are they still the stock switches? (as in appearance)

...are they still the stock switches? (as in appearance)...
Yes, they're the same - except for two added buttons / toggle switches. I'll try to find a pic. As for price, I haven't looked into restocking parts to make them - I'll let you know...

• 1 month later...
It's just the switch, and you can find them out of any 88/89. My 87 switch went bad on me so I just switched them out. Literally plug and play

Well, i have both an 88 and an 89, the 88 doesnt have the auto switch, the 89 does, and yes, it is just the switch, and looks the same xept it says "Down (Auto)"... and i might add that at first i tought that it was broken lol, because the switch just stays down, as if it were stuck down, till the window goes down all the way. then it just pops up.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing to consider here.....

Early to mid 90's Fords had an automatic window module in the driver's door that took care of this function, and being a standalone unit, it can be retrofitted to other cars.

Tim

Im interested.... What early 90s Fords are we speaking of, and how hard to wire in? :)

Hi there Mr. Majik,

Hope all is well. Take a look at the following link:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141027

If you want auto up/down on both windows, then you'll need 4 modules. These are basically universal.

Rgds,

Jms

Yep. I had seen exactly this at one of the many F150 forums a year or two ago. Thanks for beating me on this.

Tim