Friction Plate/Discs in rear posi unit

Tim_C.

I need 2 friction plates or discs in the stack in the limited slip unit. Some references say plate, and some disc. The ones I need are toward the inside of the stack, and have the 4 internal teeth. I do not need the external toothed ones.

MB160922 Disc Lsd friction

Universals & rear axle - Rear axle - Differential - Clutch disc Clutch disc, w/limited slip, w/intercooler, plate 1985 - 1989

$51.63

$0.00

$41.30

I don't know if it available, i had emailed rockville but got no reply.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/StarquestRescue/6ec314ad.jpg

Yep! That's the one! I just figured out it is the 'friction disc' today too, but didn't have the part number. I'll try to find a couple at a dealer. We are adding one on each side to tighten up the limited slip when setting up the 3.90:1 gears.

I stand corrected too. It is 6 teeth. The drawings all show 4 teeth, and I didn't remember/recognize the actual part has 6!

Thanks a lot!

Yep! That's the one! I just figured out it is the 'friction disc' today too, but didn't have the part number. I'll try to find a couple at a dealer. We are adding one on each side to tighten up the limited slip when setting up the 3.90:1 gears.

I stand corrected too. It is 6 teeth. The drawings all show 4 teeth, and I didn't remember/recognize the actual part has 6!

Thanks a lot!

I looked some time ago and on what was left of the parts in all the LSDs and did not find much left .....

I guess it would be good to and a plate .. If you like ...

I have not ..I could not get new plates and did not want to cut up a LSD ..Just hate to eat up parts and make the this any hard a mod then every one feels it is..

Number wise the math says in the Haztoys hands on scale..This is a good size LSD for the size car were playing with....You want to know how Arts LSD is stacked..??..Or....You could put a DANA shim under the ends.... Theres lots of ways to do it really..

You find the box ?...... still have the box ..???..If the box went MIA ...let me know ..

This for your auto car..?? Good to see you getting to this ... Its good to see your slower then I am ...LOL.. :)...Your going to love it ..

" 3.90 Gear swap ..Pull the Buick out of your StarQuest"

Captain Gear Boys

Hazardous Toys inc

Edited by Haztoys1

Ahh, yes, I hope to get the donor pumpkin together soon after Christmas. I do have the box still, and I hope to make my own prep bearing, etc... like you have done. I intend on returning it as soon as I am finished. I have sent it to Chris Heefner once for his use, and he returned it to me, so the box is helping other people too! I left you a message a long time ago on the old site, but we then switched, and I am not sure if you ever got it.

I have a fully race built long block assembly in my red '87 TSi. Good to 7500+ RPM. I will put this 3.90 set in it. I also have another set for the auto car, or the Cannonball Run II movie car, whichever I decide. My auto car is a great hi-way daily driver, so I may leave the gears alone in it. I want to be able to drive it across country if desired, so I may leave it alone. Plus, it is non-intercooled, and mostly stock injection system.

I have a lot of parts to get installed on the '87 TSi such as Chad's intake and header, and an FIP fuel and EDIS distributorless ignition system. A large T4 style turbo with a bigger wastegate, etc... The set-up should hold 22 PSI boost or so reliably without hurting the engine too much. I'm more about reliability and longevity, so I will most likely keep it under 18PSI boost. The car runs great now with a 17C turbo and stock injectors, so I want to keep it very streetable to drive it on 500 mile or less trips. I hope the 3.90 gears don't prevent me from a little highway driving. I may road race the car a little too as I have all new suspension parts and poly bushing kit going in too.

I also own a '92 Eclipse GSX AWD, but I feel those cars are crap boxes compared to the StarQuest. They just seem too cheaply made and require mega dollars to truly perfom and stay reliable. I use it mostly for winteer snow driving as it can't be beat for that. I like the way the StarQuest was obviously Mitsu's flagship with well designed suspension and interiors for a much better driving experience it seems to me. IMHO