Need clutch help too

sicksmithnewjersey

Ok, here's my deal. We just had engine out, rebuilt it and reinstalled. Much to my suprise after a coulpe leaks, etc it runs great. While doing the swap, I got a 240 flywheel from a member and upgraded all equip. Cut flywheel, new pressure plate, disc, TO and pilot bearing (ACT), new slave cylinder and master cylinder (Advanced Auto). Try to drive the car, can't get it into gear. Start car up in gear and drive around block. Clutch almost works(will slip some when engaged) but won't release. Bleed slave cyl...no help. Adjust rod all the way out on pedal...no help. Rig up an extender for rod on slave cylinder and clutch works if you go all the way to floor. As soon as you let it out some, it GRABS, no play. Is it possible the slave or master cyl are junk? I had similar problem with stock stuff I put in before the "mishap". Is the pivot ball adjustable for the clutch arm? I think that would help. Is there any other adjustment possible? I'm ready to give up on this thing. Many dollars spent. I guess you all have lived this. Please help if you can. Thanks

i have had this happen on three cars with a ACT and head it many times from others. On mine I increased the pushrod length with a small nut in the clutch fork for a test and am planning on extending the slave push rod soon. I don't belive in adjusting the slop out of an ACT with the clutch rod under the dash you are moving the sealing surface of the clutch master from where the cup seal has been for years and are asking for problems.

as alyclone said you can slide the slave forward as you tighten it if you just need a little.

How many time has your flywheel been cut? you could get a shim but thats alot of work to find the correct length.