Need Suspension Advice! || Coilovers, Springs, Shocks, Struts, Air Bags

I'm new at this forum. I just got my 1989 Conquest TSI from my best friend who decided to focus on his dream car...the MKIV Supra (2jz). I'm in need of a suspension. I've search throughout this site and nothing or no one seem to give 100% advice on which suspension is the best for our cars. I probably don't need to mention it but i have the adjustable suspension.

I've done a little research and this is what i have so far:

1. MK1 Coilover Suspension = $1500 (front and back) <-- this seem to be the one for me!

2. KYB - Rears Only! = $120 (pair)

3. Eibach Springs = $256 (front and back/springs only) eibach springs

4. Monroe = $120 (rear only)

5. KYB Cartriges (don't know if it will work for adjustables) = $100 (pair, front only)

6. Air Ride Suspension = $1400 - $2400

Please help me decide the best way to go. It's not going to be a race car or drag but will be a project for restoration with a custom paint. thank you everyone in advance.

for a car that's almost 20 years old, this is probably one of the best cars i've owned. no oil leak, none on the tranny, none on the clutch cylinders, brake cylinders, and very clean...still boosting. wow!

the picture below is the engine detailed by my best friend. if you need more info on how much he charges, just pm me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/spltscnd95sol/conquest_tsi.jpg

Edited by spltscnd95sol

You didn't search very well.

The struts for these cars are drying up. The easiest option are the full bodied MK1 coilovers. These are the only ones that have been designed to actually work well.

Other combos exist, but require some modification. Search for "MR2 struts" or "MR2 inserts".

What's "best" is subjective, and can't be answered without knowing your intended purposes for the car.

You didn't search very well.

The struts for these cars are drying up. The easiest option are the full bodied MK1 coilovers. These are the only ones that have been designed to actually work well.

Other combos exist, but require some modification. Search for "MR2 struts" or "MR2 inserts".

What's "best" is subjective, and can't be answered without knowing your intended purposes for the car.

"The struts for these cars are drying up. The easiest option are the full bodied MK1 coilovers. These are the only ones that have been designed to actually work well."

That's is all i need to know...what works well. there was really no review for it so i was kind of hesitant to get it.

"Please help me decide the best way to go. It's not going to be a race car or drag but will be a project for restoration with a custom paint...."

i've stated my purpose...not a race car but restoration.

thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...