NEW NGK - Spark Plugs - 8pcs

NotStock88

This is the most recommended replacement spark plug for our engines and we sell these at work so I talked to my manager and worked this out. We normally sell these at regualar price at our retail parts counter but when selling them in sets of 8 I can offer a discount. They must be ordered in sets of 8, not individually.

These are unlimited quantities so I can get them for anybody at any time.

Email me with the plugs you need and I will quote ASAP. Send me an email at work- eric@hondaeasttoledo.com (quickest way to get a reply).

I know somebody is going to say it, so I will say it first - Yes, you can go down to any Napa store and buy these for $2.00each + sales tax but the reason I even took the time to post this is because for a few dollars more than going to Napa there are three advantages right off;

1. They will be shipped right to your door, which will be cheaper for some than it would be to drive to the store.

2. You dont have to wait in line

3. You wont pay sales tax unless you live in Ohio (we have to charge 6.75% to OH residents)

I just want to try to help the community as best I can so please dont rip on me for doing so.

Edited by NotStock88

are these the one to use with the Marnal head? Wasn't there some issue with the Marnal head and some plugs being to long or short ill have to not be a NOB and search.

I am not familiar with a difference but I could be wrong.

BPR6ES-11 (NOTE the "R") is the stock replacement, and most of us use the heat range colder plug, the BPR7ES-11 (again note the R, your number doesn't show that)

I'm not sure of the difference between the BP and BPR, but it's something to make sure your getting us the right ones.

and someone made a thread on the plugs to use with the Marnel, but I don't remember the part number

BTW thanks for offering this, but I don't need any atm.

Derek

i got a marnel and i bought BPR7ES. i couldnt beleive that spark plugs for my car had to be special order too.......like various other parts for this car.

I run a marnel head with bpr8eq-14 plugs. I have had best results with them being there evan colder and have 4 grounds and a center electrode that doesnt require gapping. Its the first gen rx7 plug. Rotary engines have high turbulence and heat the first gen didnt have leading and trailing plugs and work great if the threads match. The threads match. You shouldn't have to special order, call around napas schucks baxtors and you'll find some plugs.

BPR6ES-11 (NOTE the "R") is the stock replacement, and most of us use the heat range colder plug, the BPR7ES-11 (again note the R, your number doesn't show that)

I'm not sure of the difference between the BP and BPR, but it's something to make sure your getting us the right ones.

NGK "R" or resistor spark plugs use a 5k ohm ceramic resistor in the spark plug to suppress ignition noise generated during sparking. Unless you have a large stereo system installed you dont really NEED a resistor plug.

As for the "-11" at the end, it just to signify a "wide gap" (.044) plug, which is what the OEM gap is. After MANY trials most members recommend .032 on these.

I understand your concern and I hope I cleared things up.

NGK "R" or resistor spark plugs use a 5k ohm ceramic resistor in the spark plug to suppress ignition noise generated during sparking. Unless you have a large stereo system installed you dont really NEED a resistor plug.

As for the "-11" at the end, it just to signify a "wide gap" (.044) plug, which is what the OEM gap is. After MANY trials most members recommend .032 on these.

I understand your concern and I hope I cleared things up.

is that (.032) for any of the plugs that are used on the quests or just that one style of plug?

is that (.032) for any of the plugs that are used on the quests or just that one style of plug?

When gapped at .044 most people have issues with the spark blowing out when surpassing stock boost levels. I would say that if your car runs good now at .044 on the plugs you run now - there is no need to change it. If replacing your plugs, in my opinion, these NGK are the best and should be gapped at .032. Other may disagree but I am just going with what I have experienced.

No buyer yet.. :(

When gapped at .044 most people have issues with the spark blowing out when surpassing stock boost levels. I would say that if your car runs good now at .044 on the plugs you run now - there is no need to change it. If replacing your plugs, in my opinion, these NGK are the best and should be gapped at .032. Other may disagree but I am just going with what I have experienced.

No buyer yet.. :(

I am giving you a part number again...bpr8eq-14 for a marnel head. This is the best plug for you.

The Marnal AMC head is absolutely no different than the stock one.

I happen to use Bosch Platinum plugs.

Here is a WR7DPX:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4412/dscf0010ar4.jpg

Brand New AMC/Marnal head:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2844/dscf0002dw8.jpg

Caravan Non-Jet head:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9500/dscf0005yj4.jpg

Mitsubishi "T" head"

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8075/dscf0009ry3.jpg

I don't what may have been the circumstances with the "test" that was done, but there was something not accounted for.

Maybe the plugs were boxed or labeled wrong.

Maybe they got a bad head. I doubt that, but it's possible.

I've got 4 or 5 more heads on my shelves I could try the plug in and take pictures, but I already did that back when it was claimed the Marnals were different.

I've worked on many Marnal/AMC heads and never had a bad one.

I did have a customer receive a bad head one time ,but can't remember what the problem was.

I think it was damaged during shipping.

The correct plugs for Marnal head is BPR7HS, it is shorter thus sits flush with the combustion chamber. As you can see in the above photos, there are a couple threads showing inside the combustion chamber.

I use the BPR8HS which is best suited for modified high boost setup.

Hope this helps you all!

The correct plugs for Marnal head is BPR7HS, it is shorter thus sits flush with the combustion chamber. As you can see in the above photos, there are a couple threads showing inside the combustion chamber.

I use the BPR8HS which is best suited for modified high boost setup.

Hope this helps you all!

Yes it does. What are we defining as high boost? Im thinking 20-25#'s on a 62-1

Also is it just me or is the origional post gown or does the search suck now? I use to be able to find just what I wanted under the old board.

NonStock88 can you get the BPR7HS's also?

Edited by jszucs

Yes it does. What are we defining as high boost? Im thinking 20-25#'s on a 62-1

Also is it just me or is the origional post gown or does the search suck now? I use to be able to find just what I wanted under the old board.

NonStock88 can you get the BPR7HS's also?

Due to many people wanting different plugs than the ones I was offering I have modified my original post. Please check it out and email me with questions.

Thanks!